Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work and other miscellany

From: brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Kenneth R Brownfield)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1991 20:31:51 GMT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work and other miscellany
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Saying "This Woman's Work" is "sadly overpriced" is an understatement!
>Has anybody found a better source for this CD set?  My girlfriend and I
>will be looking in Arkansas on the theory that lower prices prevail
>where there is little demand...  (She grew up there.)

     Aren't CDs in Britain 12 quid?  8 CDs times 12p is 96p, or roughly $192.
Imported and sold in US for $199 makes sense, although I'm sure they're sold
for less in _some_ US locales and Canada.  The box is severely overpriced for
domestic CDs, but imports are normally $22 around here, times 8 is $176.  It
seems to make _some_ sense.  It would be nice if EMI-America would put out a
set.  Ha.
     Champaign-Urbana being such a Kate-fan town (intense sarcasm intended)
the one and only shop here that carries the Box sells it for $199, $140 for the
LP set (which sold out.)  Now the only LP set that exists in town goes for 200
bloody dollars, too.
     I'm certainly not going to pay $200 for two CDs.  On tape is fine with me.
     Thanks for the lyrics, Vickie.  I'm still Happy-less, but when Rose get's
in her CD...
     Happy KaTeing.
							Ken.
--