Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Innocence Mission...

From: chatham!cboyer@duke.cs.duke.edu (Charles Boyer)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 91 12:52:00 EDT
Subject: The Innocence Mission...

I hope that folks don't find this question heretical, but I was wondering
if the Penssylvania band The Innocence Mission had come out with a second
disk...Karen Perris is definitely one of the better singers I've heard in
a long time, and I would love to be able to grab another 45 minutes of
the groups material if it is available.

Last year, when People magazine reviewed the debut album for TIM, they
made strong comparisons between Perris and Kate's vocal structures.
Their voices are somewhat similar, but the difference is obvious enough
to anyone who has listened to either person more than a time or two.
Still, that's elite company to keep, and if I wouldn't mind the
comparison if I were a female vocalist (I'm just a male drummer with a
voice reminiscent of Keith Moon.)

Anyway, if anyone knows anyhting, I'd appreciate hearing it.  Thanks.

                                Charles