Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Others singing Kate songs

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Fri, 31 May 91 10:22:10 PDT
Subject: Re: Others singing Kate songs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I know Pat Benetar sings *her* version of _Wuthering Heights_, but has
>any other artist (or shall I say "artist") performed any of Kate's
>music?  I haven't heard of any, but it would be interesting to find out.

Here's some that come to mind off the top of my head:

Natalie Cole -- "The Man With The Child In His Eyes"
Hue and Cry -- "The Man With The Child In His Eyes"
Tilt (a Belgian group) -- "Running Up That Hill"
Blue Pearl -- "Running Up That Hill"

In addition, there are some where I don't remember the artist.
In particular, a version of "Them Heavy People" on which Kate
sings the background vocals, and a very bizarre version of
"Wuthering Heights" that Vickie played for me once.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov