Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fripptalk

From: Phong Co <chryses@xurilka.UUCP>
Date: Mon, 27 May 91 17:26:05 EDT
Subject: Re: Fripptalk

Ray Peck says:
> "Robert Fripp, leader of arguably the most powerful Art-rock band
> of the 70's, King Crimson, plans to form a new version of that band
> this fall."  They also mentioned the new Fripp/Toyah disk.
>
>Wa hoo!  I wonder if he's waiting for Bruford to finish the Yes
>tour?  I sure hope

Yes, I heard rumors of a King Crimson tour this fall.  That would be awesome,
except that, according to my source, Bruford will not be a part, since he is
committeed to touring with Yes.  Belew should be along, though, and probably
Levin.

> I've seen LOCG twice, and both times were completely
> life-altering...

I would love to catch a show...

> A question: is there a Crimson/Fripp mailing list?  I've never seen
> one on the list-of-lists.  How do I start one?  Is there sufficient
> interest?

I'm interested.  Unfortunately, I don't really have the resources.  Maybe
a compassionate Love-Hound will oblige?

Of course, nothing stops us from discussing Fripp right here, is there?
Can anyone review the Fripp solo albums?

> * Ray Peck		       "The cumulative effects	of 	*
> * MIPS Design Engineer		combustion will render the 	*

Phong.

PS: A question for CD shoppers out there.  I'm interested in ordering from
the Noteworthy catalog, but I'm not sure what the duty charges are for Canada.
To my knowledge there should be just the 7% GST, but I don't want to take
any chances.  Any one from the Great White North order anything from them
lately?

Phong T. Co		|
chryses@xurilka.UUCP	|	Nice girls don't explode.
dada Indugu Inc.	|			-- Dave Sim (Cerebus #110)
Montreal, CANADA	|