Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Info (for the uninitiated)

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Thu, 23 May 91 21:28:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Happy Info (for the uninitiated)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

>-anxiouslyawaitingvickiesofficiallyricspostsmjm (mike mendelson) wrote:

>	Warpaint       1991
>	This is available only on CD.

The catalog I got with my first order (I got it yesterday) mentioned that
Warpaint is also available on tape for the same price as the rest of the
tapes.

And my first Happy impressions: Very good, but gloomy...I would have
appreciated a greater diversity in the music. It's not that it's bad or
boring - Happy's voice is REALLY AMAZING in both its ranges. I will agree
100% with someone who compared her voice to a hybrid of Annie Lennox's
and KaTe's. I won't make any more comments before I listen to the tapes
for a couple of more days.

BTW, the first four albums were made in a short period of time. What happened
between Ecto and Warpaint? Is Warpaint any different in terms of style?
More rythmic maybe??

happy-for-finally-listening-to-happy-rhodes,

Angelos