Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: That Prince guy...

From: scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: 20 May 91 20:19:26 GMT
Subject: Re: That Prince guy...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk

In article <1991May16.173556.14593@ariel.unm.edu> lazlo@triton.unm.EDU
(Lazlo Nibble) writes:
>Gee, here's some really wacky thoughts:
>
>a) Maybe "money" isn't the driving factor in her career,

No, I don't think it is....

>b) Maybe there are other things she likes doing besides just cranking out
>   more new product to keep the rabid fangeeks happy, and

Maybe, but right now She's apparently in the middle of recording The
Next One, and we all know how She doesn't like to be distracted during
the creative process...

>c) Maybe she -- unlike some people I could mention -- knows that there are
>   other talented people in the music industry besides herself, and would
>   enjoy working with them now and then.

Maybe She would, but I don't think She's ever done a vid for someone
else before, and turning your own ideas and emotions into a video must
be very different to trying to do it for someone else, especially when
Prince's forms of imagery tend to be a bit different to Her's 8^)...I
mean, you wouldn't expect a Prince vid to look like "The Sensual World" video,
would you?
| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|