Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

caterwaul

From: woj <REWOICC@ERENJ.BITNET>
Date: Mon, 20 May 91 07:57:11 EDT
Subject: caterwaul

>> Also, as for Caterwaul...

>Definately!  Anyone who enjoys something a bit crunchy* from time to
>time should check out Caterwaul.  Both _Pin and Web_ and _Portent Hue_
>are excellent for testing the outer limits of your volume control.
>The latter is probably the better of the two.

hmmm...i like their first, _the nature of things_, best, but all three
are quite excellent. the good news is that _the nature of things_ will
be re-released on cd sometime "real soon now". no idea when though (alas
and alack).

>I heard a nasty rumor just the other day that Caterwaul lost their
>record contract.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  If so I may have
>to do a little evangelising for Caterwaul.

unfortunately, true. irs records dropped them not too long ago for some
unknown reason. from what i have heard, they are currently scopping for
a new label so they can get on with a new album (which will probably be
produced by david ogilive again).

woj@work