Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: That Prince guy...

From: lazlo@triton.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Thu, 16 May 91 17:35:56 GMT
Subject: Re: That Prince guy...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk (Scott Telford) writes:

[About the possibility of Kate directing a video from the next Prince album:]

> I really can't see why She would do it:
>
> a) She doesn't need the money (I wouldn't have thought so anyway 8^)
> b) It would delay the new album (oh no!)
> c) It would delay The SeKond Koming (OH NO!)
> d) I don't know if She would actually want to do someone else's vid. I mean,
> Prince's style is just *so* different...

Gee, here's some really wacky thoughts:

a) Maybe "money" isn't the driving factor in her career,
b) Maybe there are other things she likes doing besides just cranking out
   more new product to keep the rabid fangeeks happy, and
c) Maybe she -- unlike some people I could mention -- knows that there are
   other talented people in the music industry besides herself, and would
   enjoy working with them now and then.

I kill me, I really do!

...Peace.                                          Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)
"Right, buddy . . . you're busted!  Get out the guitar!"