Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What followed this silent action ?

From: Harry Foster <foster@convex.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1991 01:24:17 GMT
Subject: What followed this silent action ?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@convex.com (news access account)

"Somnolent invocation, less somnolent recognition, incipient
 excitation, catechetical interrogation."

Can you name this famous author ?  What KaTe song has it's origins
in this song ?

Actually, I have a Laurie Anderson question.  Can anyone convey the
connection between Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "Hiawatha" and Elvis Presley ?
Or, am I reading too much into this song (Hiawatha) ?  It is incredibly
beautiful.

Also Mike G., if you're out there, please Ping me.  I'm having troubles
sending mail to you.
--
Harry Foster                                        foster@convex.com

     "A man should be greater than some of his parts." -Peter DeVries