Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Problems finding _Happy_ in Australia..

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 12 May 91 14:39:22 PDT
Subject: Re: Problems finding _Happy_ in Australia..
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>   I tried to get hold of some of Happy Rhode's music today and
> have not found a place that stocks even 1 cassette of her
> music. I browsed through an list of artists that are
> currently available in the US .. no Happy! The man at the
> store assured me that this was the most recent list of titles.

>.___________________._______________._____________________________________.
>|    KaTe IS GOD!   | I)            | Internet : rfrost@spam.ua.oz.au     |
>| _____             | I\ichard Frost| Adelaide, South Australia           |
>|  \|/              `---------------T<-----------------------------------T<
>|  /|\  Since 1978, I, liKe oTher Love Hounds, awaiT the "SeKond Koming!" |
>`-------------------------------------------------------------------------'

This is not surprising, considering that Happy Rhodes' albums are
not even distributed in her home country of the USA!  Remember, people,
as yet SHE HAS NO RECORD CONTRACT.  So all you people trying to find
her albums in record stores can pretty much forget it for now.  A *very*
few stores, mostly near Happy's home of Albany, stock them.  An
encouraging sign is that Rose Records in Chicago has aparently agreed
to stock _Warpaint_.  I guess they must be ordering copies directly
from Aural Gratification, because Happy has no distributor in the normal
sense.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov