Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Snappy Happy

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 91 12:33:29 PDT
Subject: Re: Snappy Happy
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991Apr17.174249.7362@cbnews.cb.att.com> you write:
>From article <9104171426.AA00211@chem.nwu.edu>, by stern@CHEM.NWU.EDU (Charlotte Stern):
>>
>> The latest from our incommunicado love-hound in Chicago, Vickie, is
>> that she and Chris suspect that Kate's message at the Ohio con was a
>> dub of her message at the Canadian BreakThrough con several years back.
>
>Very nice.  Basically Chris & Vickie are saying that they believe the
>folks at AAHP and _Little Light_ or perhaps more specifically Bill
>Barwick and Jeff Medkeff are frauds and liars.  What, pray tell, are
>they basing the this slur on?
>
>In any case, the message was not on tape, it was written down by Jeff
>as given to him over the phone by Kate herself.  The phone call was a
>last minute response to _numerous_ unanswered registered letters.  If
>they were going to commit fraud they wouldn't need to dub anything,
>they could just make it all up.

All we need, to clear this up, is a complete transcript of the message
to the Ohio convention.  The reason Vickie is suspicious is that what
we've heard of this message so far sounds the same as the Winnepeg
convention.  Some phrases are identical, in fact.  If we could get
a complete transcript we could easily decide.  If Vickie is wrong
I'm sure she will apologize.

>Jeff told me this himself and I see no reason not to believe him.
>Do C&V have any reason not to believe it other than their irritation
>with Jeff and company for calling out "Homeground" on some of their
>nonsense?
>"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell

Have you read the spring issue of _Little Light_?  While it's true
that they have some legitimate complaints, they cover it up with
tons of garbage of their own.  To summarize:

1)  They complain that Homeground is hypocritical for not mentioning
the BBC "banning" of "Army Dreamers" during the war.  I pointed out
that there hasn't been an issue of Homeground published since
the war started, so this criticism is ridiculous.

2)  They say that Homeground is always trying to spread the rumor
that the real video for RUTH was never played on MTV.  Well, as far
as I can tell, from sources such as the love-hounds archives, this
is absolutely true, with the one exception I've mentioned.

3)  They quote Peter Fitzgerald-Morris's message in Homeground #40,
but put several (sic)s in for no reason that I can see.  One is
specifically because he used the British spelling of "Centre".
Another comes after a mention of "Love-Hounds", which we all know
IS the name of this list.

As for the letter from that lawyer about how the PMRC could (and,
he implies, should) sue Homeground for libel, nobody I've read
it to has been able to keep a straight face.  The whole thing
is utterly absurd!

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov