Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes' CD "Warpaint" - buy it!!

From: tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1991 01:13:20 GMT
Subject: Happy Rhodes' CD "Warpaint" - buy it!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ns.PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

My Happy-Rhodes CD "Warpaint" arrived in the mail last Saturday.
For all you doubters out there, I strongly urge you to buy it. I
haven't yet ordered her cassette tapes, but I will now.  I sure
wish all here material were available on CD.. she is a very
talented artist.  The following is a track list of her CD album:

1.  Waking up - 4:06
2.  Feed the Fire - 4:33
3.  Murder - 4:54
4.  To Live in Your World - 3:30 (my personal favorite)
5.  Phobos - 5:13
6.  Wrong Century - 4:22
7.  Lay Me Down - 3:51
8.  Terra Incognita - 4:33
9.  All Things - 4:48
10. Words Weren't Make for Cowards - 5:20
11. Warpaint - 6:13
12. In Hiding - 3:10

The disk is very professionally packaged, and includes a CD insert
with all lyrics.  I'm told by the producer, Kevin Bartlett that her
tapes are all slow-speed first generation copies made directly off
the master tape.  I took the chance and ordered the CD sight unseen
(well, unheard if you want to be acurate) and I'm astounded by her
music.  I can't believe that a major record label hasn't jumped on
this woman yet!!  With her talent, she's sure to be a major artist.

You can get the disk by sending a check for $13.99 plus $2.00 for
shipping and handling to:

 Aural Gratifcation
 PO Box 8658 Academy Station
 Albany, NY  12208

I don't have the price of her tapes handy.. perhaps someone else
can post that.  For those of you who have both the tapes and the
CD, how to they compare??  Are the tapes near as good as the disk?
Which is your favorite?

--
Lee Hounshell