Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com
Date: Sun Apr 14 02:36:02 1991

To: nosc!ucsd!rec-music-gaffa
From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: THE BIG SKY!!!
Date: 14 Apr 91 09:36:01 GMT
Sender: root@crash.cts.com

padgett@ATHENA.CS.UGA.EDU (Charles Allen Padgett) writes:

>This is great!  I'd only heard the album HOL one time before this week,
>and never really listened to it then--but after seeing the TWS video
>album, and seeing on it THE BIG SKY, I knew I had to have HOL--and now
>I can't get The Big Sky out of my head--it's got my vote for the best
>song ever made!  Others may look at me funny, when I climb out onto the
>roof with my binoculars, but the spell is cast!!!
>
>--
>/----------------------------------------------this is the way the world ends-\
>|charles padgett may be found on occasion at padgett@athena.cs.uga.edu        |
>|----------------------------------------------this is the way the world ends-|
>|lovecraft, lewis carroll, peter gabriel, KaTe, laurie anderson               |

A man of taste!!! I don't know if THE BIG SKY is the song ever made, but THE
BIG SKY video is the best video ever made, as al  cultured people know.  I
had exactly the same experience of really falling for the BIG SKY first after
having seen the rest of the video on the tape.  It was the only "new" song for
me as I had had the Whole Story album for years and The Big Sky isn't on it.
That's probably the album to get next, though, like I said it doesn't have THE
BIG SKY on it.

Ron "it's changing in the Big Sky" Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com