Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And I thought I was the only Kate Bush freak!!...

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 13:02:59 PDT
Subject: Re: And I thought I was the only Kate Bush freak!!...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

[A few of these questions were answered in other posts, including
mine.  I'll just deal with some of the other questions here.]

>I have been a fan of KB since 'Wuthering Heights' hit the charts back
>in the 70s, and am wondering where I can get a list of fan clubs that
>I can join here in Australia, or overseas.

Wow, that's early!  How well did W.H. do in Australia?  As you know,
it didn't do anything here in America, so American fans who were
fans from the beginning are VERY rare.  I only know about Chris
Williams and Andy Marvick, actually.  As someone who became a fan
in 1982, I'm often considered somewhat of an early bird.

There is an Australian fanzine called "Dreamtime".  Unfortunately,
I don't know the details.  Andy Marvick subscribes to it, so if
he reads this perhaps he can post the address.

> 4) What is this new CD of hers that was recently mentioned on the net?

There are several possibilities.  I assume you already know about and
own Kate's last studio album, _The Sensual World_.  Last fall a box
set of Kate's work called _This Woman's Work_ was released.  It contains
all six of her CDs plus two CDs of B-sides, alternate mixes, etc.
Then, even more recently some bootleg CDs have come out.  _Passing
Through Air_ and _If You Could See Me Fly_ together have the several
dozen Kate demos that fans discovered a few years ago. If you're
REALLY a Kate freak you MUST get these in some form or other.  I don't
know what _Alone At My Piano_ has, but I'd guess it's the same
stuff.

> 6) Has anyone got a transcription of the video interview that I heard
>    about last year, to do with her album "The Sensual World" ??

Which video interview?  I know about several, all of which were posted
to this newsgroup when they appeared.  You might be able to find them
archived in the alaska computer.

>I am still amazed that this is the first time that I have read this group
>and I see that it is dominated by KB fans' postings .. USENET never ceases
>to amaze me..!

That's because it was CREATED as a Kate Bush discussion group.  Isn't
life wonderful?

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov