Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Edie Brickell -- should I wear a Kate T-shirt?

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 91 13:15:47 PDT
Subject: Re: Edie Brickell -- should I wear a Kate T-shirt?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>What T-Shirts have you got!? Where did you get them?
>
>Go for it! Get up front - maybe Edie will see it. Maybe she's a Kate
>fan.
>Please tell me/us about the concert. I really love their stuff.
>
>mike (posting from a different machine, cuz the other one is broke)
>
>Michael Graham         |  "The only thing I know about backmasking is that

Yeah, I think I will wear one!  Thanks to Judi, also, for the
encouragement.

I currently have four Kate T-shirts:

1)  The back picture of _Hounds of Love_ (i.e. _The Ninth Wave_).
I found this about two years ago at a store called Berkeley Beat,
in Berkeley, Calif.  They had another one but it sold a few months
later, and the store has gone out of business since then.  I saw
the same shirt for a while at Rasputin's in Hayward, Calif., but
it's gone now.  I never saw any others.

2)  The front cover of _The Whole Story_.  I found this in an obscure
record store in Montreal, near Dominion Square.  I can't remember the
name of the store, but it was the only Kate t-shirt I saw there.

3) Kate in her famous leotard picture.  I was in another obscure
store in Montreal.  They had a postcard of this picture, and
as I took it too the cashier the clerk said they had just gotten
a t-shirt transfer with that picture, and did I want one.  Did I
ever!

4) The 1990 Kate Bush Convention t-shirt.  Only another fan would
recognize this as a Kate t-shirt, though.  It's all black with
a tiny KT symbol (the new one) in red.

They are VERY hard to find, as you see.  I've found only these four
in five years of searching.  But don't give up.  Andy Marvick has an
entire Kate Bush wardrobe!

As for getting up front at the concert, I'm afraid I got my ticket
too late.  I'm up on the balcony.  I WON'T make that mistake
if Kate comes on tour! (I hope, I hope, I hope . . .)

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov