Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Station IDs

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 91 19:33:03 PDT
Subject: Re: Station IDs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Ed speculates:
>

>>I have a theory about this.  My conjecture is that all those stations
>>that have Kate IDs got them around the time of "Running Up That Hill".
>>At that time KITS had a completely different format, so naturally
>>they didn't get an ID.  Now it's too late.  Any counter-examples?
>
>In my posting that started this topic, I quoted the WHFS ID as something
>like "...you're listening to the sensual world on..."  Somebody else
>replied that this was fairly accurate.  This would, of course, imply
>that the ID dates to late '89 or early '90.  Somebody else posted that
>WHFS *does* have an HoL-era ID as well, though I've never heard it.
>
>Jeff

I forgot about that, so thanks for reminding me.  Well, I guess I
was wrong.  But now I'm curious about yet another thing.  Is the
KROQ Los Angeles ID current?  (I.e. does it refer to _The Sensual
World_?)  Because if it is I'll REALLY be annoyed.  This time around
KITS started playing stuff from that album way before KROQ, and
continued playing it more often.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov