Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Northern P???KS

From: dbk@tove.cs.umd.edu (Dan Kozak)
Date: 4 Apr 91 19:10:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Northern P???KS
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mimsy.umd.edu

In article <9104041753.AA07529@chem.nwu.edu> stern@chem.nwu.EDU (Charlotte Stern) writes:
>If fact, Dan, it is NORTHERN PIKES.

I had a feeling I was going to be wrong on this no matter what.  The
word "Peaks" has more resonance for me, what with a certain TV show,
so I chose that one.  Thanx for the correction.

>Also, when I said fledgling I think I meant not well-known,
>but
>of course it came out wrong.

I was just nit-picking, no big deal.

>(obscure? not-real-successful yet?  Come on, there must be a good adjective
>for this... progressive?  alternative?  college? hmmmm...  :-) :-)

All of those seem to work. :-)

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov