Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Midge Ure

From: dbk@tove.cs.umd.edu (Dan Kozak)
Date: 4 Apr 91 19:07:11 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and Midge Ure
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mimsy.umd.edu

In article <9104041724.AA08802@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward J. Suranyi) writes:
>>What's that station ID they have?  Something like, "This is Kate Bush
>>and you're listening to the sensual world on WHFS."  Y'know, that's probably
>>not even close.  But the idea is there.

That sounds pretty close to me.  They have another, older one too.
Something like, "Hi, this is Kate Bush and whenever I fly across the
Atlantic I listen to WHFS."  I remember the first time I actually
heard this one (I'd heard about it) it started just as my car went
into a tunnel and I lost radio reception.  I set a land speed record
getting thru that tunnel, but missed the end anyway. :-)

>Geez, if anybody has this station ID on tape I'd LOVE to get a copy.  I'd
>pay all expenses, of course.  The same goes for the station ID I've
>been told KROQ Los Angeles has.  KITS San Francisco plays Kate quite
>a bit, but they've never managed to get one of those IDs!

It's real hard to predict when they're going to air these things,
your best bet is that someone might have gotten it on tape accidently
when they were taping something else.  I don't even have a receiver in
the house, so I don't tape off the radio.

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov