Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Midge Ure

From: dbk@tove.cs.umd.edu (Dan Kozak)
Date: 4 Apr 91 00:48:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and Midge Ure
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mimsy.umd.edu

In article <21521@natinst.natinst.com> brianb@natinst.COM (Brian Bloom) writes:
>Just a note to any who might not know, Kate does backup singing
>on the track 'Sisters and Brothers' on Midge Ure's _Answers to Nothing_
>album.  IMHO, it's a great song (although we don't get enough of her in it!)

I'm sure your mention of this has _nothing_ to do with the fact that
WHFS played it Monday morning. :-)  I knew it was Kate, and I was
pretty sure it was the Midge Ure track, but I was in a hurry and had
to leave the house before it was announced.

I generally don't like Midge Ure (or Ultravox or Visage, etc.) but
this sounded O.K.  Or perhaps that should read O.K.T. :-)

#dan

Clever:         dbk@cs.umd.edu    | "Softly her tower crumbled in the
Not-so-clever:  uunet!mimsy!dbk   |  sweet silent sun." - Nabokov