Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Kate

From: "david g." <GRAVENDE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 91 14:46:34 EST
Subject: Rocket Kate

Something I have been wondering about very intermittently:

A year or two ago I recall reading an item (in Homeground, methinks) which
reported that KaTe had recorded her own (and no doubt remarkable) version of
Elton John's "Rocket Man" to be included in a planned album tribute to E.J.
However, it was also reported that the project had been temporarily(?) shelved.
My question, then, is whether anybody out there knows if either the album or
the song is going to be released for public consumption any time soon (or if it
has, and I've just missed it, which certainly would not be out of the realm of
possibility for me). So, anyone have a clue?  My suspicion is that "I think
it's gonna be a long, long time" before this song re-enters our anxious
atmosphere. Hope I'm wrong... :)

GRAVENDE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca  (david gravender)    "i put on my cloudiest suit"