Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

fanzines, and more cheescakes:

From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 91 23:33:54 EST
Subject: fanzines, and more cheescakes:
Comments: Validated

I picked up a copy of Tower's "Pulse" magazine...
Two people (!) put Kate's stuff in their lists of Desert Island Discs!
One put "Hounds of Love" at #4, the other put "Lionheart" at #4.  (The
latter was a surprise to me, as many people usually put "Hounds...", "The
Dreaming", or "The Kick Inside" above "Lionheart"...)
Also, in the "Cruise Classic" trivia contest thingo, there was a question:
1. "_Lonestart Lionhearts_ is a fanzine devoted to which following female
songstress:  a> Kate Wolf   b> Kate Bush   c> Nanci Griffith"
 ...and this got me thinking: "What fanzines out there are devoted to Kate?"
I've heard of Homeground and Still Breathing, but this was new to me.
Just for curiosity's sake, could anyone post any info about Kate fanzines?

>I should say at this point that the cheesecakes were very delicious

This line is from "Cheesecake Truck" by King Missile from their "Mystical
Sh!t" album...highly recommended! (get it on CD, and you get the "Fluting on
the Hump" EP as a bonus!)...
On the subject of Shimmy Disc, I got the new Bongwater CD!
(Someone also put "Too Much Sleep" by Bongwater on their list of Desert
Island Discs!)

KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKT
K  "Erase the race that claim the place       /_ |  |_ |\ | | \ |_ |_> T
T   And say we dig for ore                    _/ |_ |_ | \| |_/ |_ | \ K
K   Or dangle devils in a bottle               _           _       _   T
T   And push them from the pull of the bush"  |_ | | |\ | /   | | /_   K
K                   --- Kate Bush             |  |_| | \| \_> |_| _/   T
T                                                                      K
KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKTKT
(still amazed at the huge number of "Hammersmith" videos at Tower!)