Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Pulse!_, April 1991

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 91 19:39:05 PST
Subject: _Pulse!_, April 1991

Well, here I am again -- Love-Hounds reporter.  I must really be
back!

The April issue of _Pulse!_ magazine (with Lenny Kravitz on the cover)
just came out, and there are some Kate references.  (For people
who don't know:  _Pulse!_ is the in-store magazine of Tower Records.)

First, Kate is mentioned TWICE in the Desert Island Disc letters.

Jeff Case of Los Alamitos, Calif. includes in his list:
"4. _Lionheart_ -- Kate Bush.  What passion."

David Kleinbart of Northridge, Calif. includes:
"4. _Hounds of Love_ -- Kate Bush.  Her most compelling set yet.
(I almost traded it for _The Whole Story_, just to have her vocal
update on 'Wuthering Heights.')"

For the record, here are the other things on their lists:

Case's list:
1. _Flamin' Groovies -- Flamin' Groovies
2. _Shoes Best_ -- Shoes
3. _Desperate Character_ -- Kirsty McCall
5. _Willie Deville_ -- Mink DeVille
6. _Big Star_ -- Alex Chilton
7. "Anything from the Jam."
8. "Sara McLachlan" [sic]
9. "Something by the Dave Clark 5."
10. _Gary Myrick and the Figures_ -- Gary Myrick and the Figures.

Kleinbart's list:
1. _Carmina Burana_ -- Robert Shaw/Atlanta Sym. & Chorus.
2. _Stop Making Sense_ -- Talking Heads
3. _Revolver_ -- Beatles
5. _Sun Sessions CD_ -- Elvis Presley
6. _The James Brown Show (Live at the Apollo)_ -- James Brown
7. _Get Rhythm_ -- Ry Cooder
8. _Shaday_ -- Ofra Haza
9. _Brazil_ -- Manhattan Transfer
10. _Little Richard Boxed CD Set_

This issue also contains the annual music trivia quiz.  It's very long
-- about 300 questions in lots of categories.  Here's question No. 1
from the Fanzines category:

"1. _Lonestar Lionhearts_ is a fanzine devoted to which following
female songstress:

a) Kate Wolf    b) Kate Bush   c) Nanci Griffith"

Most people here probably know that the answer is b.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov