Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cathy demos in the Bay Area ?

From: espie@flamingo.Stanford.EDU (Marc Espie)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1991 00:49:34 GMT
Subject: Cathy demos in the Bay Area ?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@neon.Stanford.EDU (USENET News System)

Greeting, friends.
I've read this marvelous newsgroup for a while. I love KaTe's work,
but I don't usually have anything interesting to say. So I don't post.
I've got a little problem right now. You see, I'm new to the Bay Area
and I know next to nothing about interesting places. I've been able
to find this Woman's Work, though.
Right now, I'm looking frantically for the Cathy's demos CD mentionned
several times recently.
Does anybody have an address for that ?
The best next thing would be a copy of the stuff... or anything by
KaTe which isn't on this Woman's Work.

Oh, yes. I discovered KaTe by accident a long time ago (10 years ?).
I was pretty young at the time, and not interested in music. I first
saw the Babushka video. At the time, I think I liked the pictures better
than the music :-). Later, I heard Wuthering Heights on radio.
The problem was, I was unable to catch the artist's name for a while.
I finally made it out when HoL came out... I first bought the single for
CloudBusting. Then finally, a friend gave me a copy of most of KaTe's work.
To be honest, it took me some time to appreciate some of the songs
(the dreaming album for example), but right now, KaTe is my favorite artist
by far...  Three months later, I bought a CD player *together*
with all existing albums at the time... and had to wait some frustrating years
for new stuff. When the sensual world came out, I played on my CD for two weeks
to the exception of anything else.
My best album right now is the Kick Inside... just because this is the last
I listened to :-)
--
	Marc