Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

So what did she say?

From: Peter Byrne Manchester <PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1991 00:19 EST
Subject: So what did she say?

Michael Graham writes:

>This goes out to Peter. A lot of people are probably going to ask you this,
>but WHAT DID SHE SAY in reply to your fan letter?????????

       Yeah, well...  Trouble is, her reply (176 words) isn't clear nor even
very interesting except in relation to my letter (721 words), and I've been
too long-winded too often on here.  Also, even in transcribing the texts (I've
done that much), I felt compunction about making private correspondence public
--not content so much as context.

       Biggest thing is, what I learned from the exchange has more to do with
how to think about and carry off actually writing something to Kate--or any
figure of wide popularity for that matter--that has any chance of being read
and enjoyed.  It isn't just an address; several mentioned here recently are
perfectly good--The Kb Club, Kindlight, Novercia Ltd.  It's having a reason,
having something to say.  Took me a year and a half to come up with courage
and an idea, a 'hook' so to speak.  Needed also some Tibetan tantric exercises
and probably a lot of dumb luck.  I'll look at the stuff for a while, and if I
decide it holds any useful lessons on this level, I may post.  Everything of
substance to which the correspondence refers, by the way, has long since been
conveyed to this newsgroup.  Well, maybe not one thing...

       Later
                                                            Peter Manchester
"C'mon, we all sing!"                            pmanches@sbccmail  (BITNET)
                                   pmanchester@ccmail.sunysb.edu  (INTERNET)