Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Best of the Best

From: lazlo@triton.unm.edu (Lazlo Nibble)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 91 09:15:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Best of the Best
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

houghge@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Gerald Hough) writes:

>>     Best Relatively New Artist:  Darden Smith
>                                --> Enigma (are they REALLY new?)

Depends on what you consider "REALLY new".  Michael Cretu and Sandra and
Frank Peterson have all worked together before but not as Enigma; I think
the only project where they were *all* present before was Sandra's album
PAINTINGS IN YELLOW from last year but Cretu and Sandra are married and
Cretu's produced every album of hers that I've seen.  He also produces
Hubert KaH and has a few solo albums of his own out; I haven't heard any
of his solo work but the Sandra and KaH and Enigma all share the same
production sound though Sandra and KaH are more obviously dance-oriented.

Lazlo (lazlo@triton.unm.edu)
Though faced in the opposite direction, an innocent passerby is
stopped dead in his tracks by Al "The-Cruise-Of-Death" Jones.