Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: William.Shubert@sam.cs.cmu.edu
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 91 15:45:40 EST

To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
From: wms@sam.cs.cmu.edu (William Shubert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Finding Kate
Date: 20 Mar 91 20:45:38 GMT

I think that it took me longer than anyone else here to get into KaTe.  I first
saw RUTH on MTV, and thought "Nice tune, cute girl, I wonder if she'll make it
big?"  Then I saw The Big Sky on MTV, and again thought the same thing but
this time I thought "She has a really nice smile, too."  Then, about 1 1/2
years ago (about 4-5 years after seeing her videos) my roommate bought HoL.
The first time I heard it I thought, "nice songs, but kinda boring." (?!!?)
After about 10 listenings, though, I realized that it was the best record
I'd ever heard and played it every day for a long long time.  Now, of course,
I have all 7 CDs + boxed set + 3 british import singles + several posters.
And, by the way, HoL is best.
				-Bill (wms@sam.cs.cmu.edu)