Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Discovering KaTe

From: <YOUNG_MI@CTSTATEU.BITNET>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 91 13:42 EDT
Subject: Discovering KaTe

I discovered Kate quite by accident...I was watching MTV (or VH-1) and saw
this video (Love and Anger) and it was quite unlike anything I had ever seen
before.  (*Cringe*) I must admit that I was not too fond of the song at first,
but the video was beyond all compare at the time.  Well, eventually, WBRU began
to play 'Love and Anger' quite a bit and once I sat down and LISTENED to it
(without the video to watch), the song spoke to me for many different reasons;
it expressed exactly how I felt about a personal situation I was enduring at
the time.  'Lionheart' was my first album, followed by HOL (my favorite to
date).  Needless to say, the others quickly followed and just last semester, I
was introduced to the B-sides.

Anyway, I was told I would be banned from the computer lab here by one of the
monitors if I EVER played Kate there.  (There is NOT a strong KaTe contention
here, but the group is growing because it's all I talk about and to shut me up,
they listened to her and some of them actually admitted to liking her!!)

Michele