Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK. (books)

From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1991 22:37:28 -0400
Subject: Re: MisK. (books)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

Thanks to IED for his summary of the KT books available. It was much
appreciated. Right now I have AVD which I am finding a VERY good read.
I am also waiting for TWS to come in.

Two questions (completely unassociated) come to mind...

1) of the books mentioned, what is a reasonable price to pay? While in
   Montreal I saw a used copy of Kate Bush Complete going for ~$25 US. I
   paid the same for a new copy of AVD. What do you thinkof these prices?
   And what would I expect to pay for the others?

2) Has Kate ever mentioned her views on the whole british punk phenomena?
   She was playing gigs with the KT Bush Band at the same time as the Sex
   Pistols were going strong.

3) Speaking of the KT Bush Band - does anyone (IED, Ed, ?) have any live
   tapes of them performing? I'm not going to hound for trades, but I am
   interested to hear what their versions of "Brown Sugar", "I Heard it
   Through the Grapevine", "Satisfaction" sounded like! She must have
   had fun singing Brown Sugar! I can hardly imagine...

sorry...it was 3 questions

oh...

4) What was/is Kate's relation to Rowan Atkinson. Was their duet as
   hilarious as it "sounds" (I haven't heard it). Can it be rented?

that's it (for now)

mike
--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of