Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: root@crash.cts.com
Date: Wed Mar 6 17:36:01 1991

To: nosc!ucsd!rec-music-gaffa
From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hil}Il)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Hello
Date: 7 Mar 91 01:36:01 GMT
Sender: root@crash.cts.com

For a day or two nothing was here and also my last message didn't seem to make
it.  Here it is again, I hope it doesn't show up later!!! If anybody has sent
me mail in the last three days I don't think it made it....

        I don't know if anybody has posted a message like this, but today I
went in for my physical therapy and my therapist let me borrow a book by
Wilhelm Reich called Character Analysis (third edition third printing 1980,
orginally published in 1945.  On the cover is a circle with a line under it
that looks fairly simular to the new KT symbol.  On the back they call it the
symbol of orgonomic functionalism.
        It is a circle with a veritical line under it.  The circle is simular
as it is broken on the very top, but instead of on side curving under the
other, each side is an arrow pointing to each other.  THere is no horizonatal
or diagonal "KT" lines, of course.  The line underneith has another arrow
where it touches the circle and has a small filled circle on the bottom.
        I, of course, have not read the book yet, but my physical therapist
says its about "orgone biophysics", which particially encomposses the theary
of life energy the Kate has touched apon.  It also discusses the theary that
emotional stress is caused partially by physical blockages and through
physical therapy you can releave these blockages.  My therapist used to
practice this techinque.  She has offered to try it on me, but I don't know...
Interestingly, the physical therapy I am now doing is based partly on the idea
that this part of Reich's ideas is WRONG.  I haven't read the book on the
therapy I am now doing, but it apparently starts off from some simular basis,
but attacks the basic thery put forth in The Character Analysis book.

Ron "I cannot spell " Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com