Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

gabriel -- KT

From: crazy fucka <JDLISS@AMHERST.BITNET>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 19:59 EST
Subject: gabriel -- KT

From: jdliss@amherst.bitnet
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 1 Mar 91 19:59:21 GMT
News-Moderator: Approval required for posting to rec.music.gaffa

a board for kate?  well, i'll go for it as long as gabriel is legal.

to whomever was talking about pg2,3,4 -- I have some sympathy for what
you had to say about #1 , that its sound may be off some.  obviously
ezrin is interested in big out-of-place guitar rolls, esp. out-of-place
on 'here comes the flood'.  the production of 2 is something that gabriel
is quite unhappy with, saying that fripp is a better player than producer
(at least in his case).  most folks think it's the worst album.  however,
i think the sound on 3 and 4 is superb.  when i listen to 4 on cd with
a good pair of headphones i can't hear the first bit of hiss between
songs.  it's beautiful.  gabriel will have an album out maybe before summer
but it may not happen for a while (he and KT have that much in common).
appearing with genesis?!?!?!  that would REALLY surprise me.  there was a
genesis reunion (one show only) in '82, but it was done mostly so they
could bail WOMAD out of its financial woes.  i really really doubt that he
would get back with them in a significant way.

new to this, i may be sticking my head into things that have already been
discussed, but i've heard that kate's father is into the gurdjeff/bennett
work, as is she, as is robert fripp in a big way.  do y'all know much
about this?

jeff