Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Monthly posting prototype

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 91 20:16:50 EST
Subject: Re: Monthly posting prototype
Sender: nessus@media-lab.media.mit.edu

> From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)

> Rec.music.gaffa is run as a moderated group only because submissions
> to it are forwarded to an extensive mailing list of people without
> net access [...]

Without "Usenet" access, you mean.  The Love-Hounds mailing list is
certainly distributed over computer networks.

> To subscribe to the mailing list [and here I begin to lie hopelessly,
> because this is what I tried and it hasn't worked] send a message
> containing the single word "SUBSCRIBE" to

> love-hounds-request@eddie.mit.edu [what's wrong with this, please?]

Unless Bill has recently set up some automatic software, this is not
really accurate.  The most likely entity at the other end of
"love-hounds-request" is a person -- not a computer program.  Just
write him a friendly note.

> /pub/love-hounds/kh on the same host.

"kh" should probably be "kb".