Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My Trip to Montreal

From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 1991 23:21:19 -0400
Subject: My Trip to Montreal
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

I was in Montreal last week and got some posters - HoL, RUTH, 9th wave!!,
and promos for RUTH and Cloudbusting. All except RUTH were $1!!!
I picked up the Visual Doc for $30 canadian (did I get ripped off?)
I also saw Kate Bush Complete the transcriptions to all her songs, but
it was WAY too expensive, same goes for some issues of homeground.
Vermolors(sp?) book - the one with the great picture of Kate draped
in ivy, was there for $20, but I had been warned about it and didn't get
it, although I did look through it.
What else...there were a few other huge posters - Babooshka outfit,
leotard (B&W). I didn't get them because they would have dominated
my room which has very little wall space.

I haven't had a chance to read the Visual Doc., but 3 things annoy me about
it.   1) The choice of cover photo - it isn't a very good picture of her -
candid photography (she still looks pretty good, but there are so many others
which are much better.  2) The pictures are not chronologically arranged (you
can tell the approx yr for most of them, but it is an annoyance.  3) Half of
the photos don't have a caption.
Hopefully the text will make up for this...

Anyway - Montreal is a cool place to visit - oh I also saw A Bird in the Hand
for $30.

mike
--
Michael Graham          |   Baldrick, you wouldn't know a subtle plan if it
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca     |   painted itself purple and danced naked on top of