Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Farewell

From: fnord@spdcc.com (Dan Schaeffer)
Date: 27 Feb 91 01:05:18 GMT
Subject: Farewell
Newsgroups: talk.abortion, rec.music.gaffa

Well, folks, this is it.  It is now 8 p.m. EST on Tuesday, Feb 26, 1991.
Eleven hours from now, my plane leaves for the wilderness.  North to Alaska,
the rush is on (with apologies to Elvis).  I will be gone for approximately
eleven weeks.  Look for me again in mid-May.  Until then, please forgive my
lack of response to your posts.  For those issues on which we agree, you may
take my silence as a solemn assent; for our disagreements, my silence may be
construed as the most scathing kind of indictment.  Fair enough?

Au revoir.

D. J. Schaeffer
"'The Todal looks like a blob of glup.
  It makes a sound like rabbits screaming,
  and smells of old, unopened rooms.'"
[fnord@ursa-major.spdcc.com]