Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

In Praise of Kate Bush

From: dlangs%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 91 14:20:06 PST
Subject: In Praise of Kate Bush

I was just cruising through a bookstore and came across a 1990 book titled
"On Record" edited by Frith and Goodwin.  There is a chapter on Kate -
"In Praise of Kate Bush" by Holly Kruse written in 1988 apparently.

I could not find any indication of where it was originally published.

Anyway, it was a 13 page expose of Kate with discussion of her rise to fame,
albums, musical influences on her music, influences she has had on others,
philosophy, analysis of songs and interpretation of their content. It was
quite complimentary throughout, as one might have guessed from the chapter
title, and seemed not to be too fanciful.

Has this appeared anywhere before?  Is it new to publication?  Having been
only had access to l-h for a year this may predate my contact.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu    <--- new email account