Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bit of Kate vid on MTV last night

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 91 12:22:48 PST
Subject: Bit of Kate vid on MTV last night

Last night Martha Quinn hosted an hour-long show about the
Grammy Awards.  They played bits of videos nominated in all
the major categories, including Alternative Music for once.
They played about 40 seconds of "This Woman's Work", and
Martha Quinn said the usual about Kate's "four-octive range
voice".  (If you ask Andy Marvick, he'll tell you that despite
this conventional wisdom, Kate's range isn't quite four octaves.)
Anyway, it was nice to see Kate on MTV again, even if for less than
a minute.

By the way, the Grammys will be tape delayed on the west coast
so we should know (either from love-hounds or from the radio)
whether Kate won before the show starts here.  Don't forget, it's
tonight -- let's all cross all our fingers and toes!

Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor