Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 91 20:25:16 PST
Subject: MisK

1.  Seen at Streetlight Records, 24th Street, San Francisco:

A wall section labeled "Employee Favorites", with an LP-sized
drawing of Kate and information about the box set.  Below it is
written:

    "This set is really cool!  No foolin'!  Sure, it doesn't have the
Cathy Demos or outtakes from any LP sessions, but so what!!  It's got
a mess o' tracks that are really hard to find.  And the sound on these
imports makes those domestic items seem like old 78 rpm's!  So trade in
those CD's, LP's, and tapes and get some credit t'wards this box set!
You won't regret it.  Trust me.

                                  -- Dave Gilmore
				  (The first K.B. fan.)"

Well, they spelled Gilmour's name wrong, but aside from that it's
nice that they have this out so prominently.

2.  At Tower Video, Market Street, San Francisco, the _Live At
Hammersmith_ video is in the new release section!

3.  After not seeing the _Whole Story_ video for many months,
it has suddenly appeared again at some Tower stores.  Perhaps they
ordered it the same time as _LaH_?

4.  I heard "Wuthering Heights" on the radio today.  It had been
a long time!

5.  Leopold Records, a Berkeley store, now has a quarterly in-store
magazine called _Ear Whacks_.  In the Winter 90-91 issue there's
a review of Victoria Williams' album _Swing the Statue!_.  It
starts, "Victoria Williams is not for everybody.  That being said,
I remind you that neither are most of the really great individual
voices in music."  Don't we know that!  As you can guess, it's
a very favorable review.  But the reason I'm mentioning it in
this newsgroup is because of a line further down:  "Victoria is what
you might imagine happening if Kate Bush married Tom Waits."

That's it this time.

Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor