Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush <=> Devil Worship

From: shaun@iris.mincom.oz.au (Shaun Hayes)
Date: 18 Feb 91 04:01:14 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush <=> Devil Worship
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi!  This is my first ever post (if it works, of course) after a year or
two of voyeuristic interest.  And I don't have a hell of a lot to say,
except to share something bizarre that was shown on one of the local TV
stations over the weekend.

Over the last couple of weeks, a recurring news-item of some interest
has been one involving Late-night Lesbian Vampire Slayings (in which three
women - one of whom was later acquitted, the other two found guilty -
found an old guy drunk in the streets and cut him up with a number of
knives in order to "drink his blood").

This has of course roused all sorts of up-in-arms-edness :-P in the
"local community", and prompted said television station to whip together
a story on local devil-worship - exposing local dens of iniquity, rings
of child prostitution and graveyard gatherings in a super-sensationalist
frenzy.

What I'm _trying_ to get around to saying (How long can this go on?), is
in the advertisements for this item they were using KT's "Waking the
Witch" for the scary background music - to quite good effect, actually.
Chalk up yet another case for the "pagan" Kate :-) ad nauseam...