Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Stephen Thomas <spt1@ukc.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 91 13:30:06 +0000

To: rec-music-gaffa@kestrel
From: spt1@ukc.ac.uk (Stephen Thomas)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Holy cow!  Major error in packaging of new Live video
Date: 16 Feb 91 13:30:05 GMT

In article <9102160745.AA08048@das.llnl.gov> ed@DAS.LLNL.GOV (Edward Suranyi) writes:
>I feel like an absolute fool.  There I was, posting all about the
>tiny differences between the last American version of the Live at
>Hammersmith videotape and the new one, and I didn't see the giant
>error on the new box!
>
>The song "Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbrake" is listed as . . .
>"Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartache"!

Well, I got LaH around Christmas, and it has the correct
title for "Don't Push ...", so unless that was a copy that had
been hanging around for some time (like well over a year), then
it looks as though its an error introduced on your reissue.

The copy I have is actually the second attempt I made at getting
LaH.  The first copy I bought, in late September, had the final
10 minutes missing!  It took me that long to get a full copy because
the music video outlets did not seem to stock Kate's videos much,
so it took me some hunting to find it.  Strangely, that changed
when "The Sensual World - The Video" was released - then the full
range appeared again.

I'm glad that I did get a proper copy, because (IMHO) the final
minutes, just before the credits, when Kate is finishing her
routine for "Wuthering Heights" and is jumping around waving
at the audience in extreme high spirits, is the most delightful
part of the video.

Well, that's it for this posting - no doubt it will be another
few months before the next one I make ... :-).

Keep well,

Stephen

P.S.: Ron Hill, did you get the letter I sent to you?

--
| "You've been having a nightmare.  | Stephen Thomas -------------------------|
|  And it's not over yet."          | Email: spt1@ukc.ac.uk; Smail: Computing |