Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Flaming Sinead ect.

From: robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 1991 19:34:07 GMT
Subject: Flaming Sinead ect.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Nets)

I really shouldn't reply to all this crap but I've had a bad morning
fighting with CRAY FORTRAN, the gulf war still goes on, and clueless
students continue to bash leftist artist for no apparent reason. OK
kiddies hear are some leassons:

1. ECONOMICS RULES THE WORLD. Period.
	We are not in this war for freeing the peace loving people of kuwait.
We are here for money. A rise in oil prices is bad for our economy.

2. SINEAD O'CONNOR IS NOT THE ANTICHRIST
	there are a lot of people out there right now writing patroitic
hymns to the troops because it will sell. (see rule 1). Remeber "Army Dreamers"
is banned by the BBC.

I will mearly note in passing that if Winston Philips weren't the children
of the Mammas and Pappas we'd never have had to hear them. Which would
lead into my rant against yuppies, the 60's, ect. but I'll spare you.

Note: I don't have any Sinead or Winston Phillips stuff, but do have the
KB box set:)

crankily,
robert lindsay
robert@alliant.uoknor.edu