Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

EM Survey #5 FINAL REPOST and Response List

From: datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta)
Date: 5 Feb 91 02:08:51 GMT
Subject: EM Survey #5 FINAL REPOST and Response List
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@uwm.edu

		 Eclectic Music Survey #5 FINAL REPOST

Survey Re-Posting					    February 1991

First, here is a list of the replies to the survey I have received so
far. If your name is not on this list and you sent me your response, I
did not get it again. (If your name is wrong, please correct it.) Thank
you everyone who has responded so far:

<aikes@castle.edinburgh.ac.uk>		(Kerry Swatridge)
<alchemy!bbs@ucrmath.ucr.edu>		(BBS Administration)
<amadeus@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>		(Susan Harwood Kaczmarczik)
<arf@hplb.hpl.hp.com>			(Andrew Farmer)
<awrc@lfcs.edinburgh.ac.uk>		(Al Crawford)
<CARROLLJ%ALCBAN@KRDC.INT.Alcan.CA>	(The Holy Lunching Friars of Voondoon)
<cellar!toad@uunet.UU.NET>		(Tony Shepps)
<ctuel@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>		(Cliff Tuel)
<GGTZEUTSCHLE%AMHERST.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
<graham@ug.cs.dal.ca>			(Michael Graham)
<houghge@expert.cc.purdue.edu>		(Gerald Hough)
<jost@wilbur.coyote.trw.com>		(Patrick Jost)
<kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu>			(Michael L. Kaufman)
<kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com>		(Slender Fungus)
<kurtzman%pollux.usc.edu@usc.edu>	(Stephen Kurtzman)
<larsi@ifi.uio.no>			(Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen)
<lylg8601@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>		(Lup Yuen Lee)
<mgustafs@desoto.Prime.COM>		(Mark Gustafson x4243)
<nsn@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU>	 	(Nick Nicholas)
<PML3@NS.CC.LEHIGH.EDU>			(Paul Lewis)
<relph@presto.ig.com>			(John M. Relph)
<rmb@cblph.att.com>			(Richard M Brack)
<root@cellar.ORG>			(Superuser)
<sseidman@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>		(Steve Seidman [The MIDIman])
<tak@Ceres.Physics.UIowa.Edu>
<warkent@ltisun7.epfl.ch>		(Ken Warkentyne)
<wurtz@cvedc.Prime.COM>			(Tom Wurtz)

Second, a little history:

    On January 15th 1990, I posted a list of 963 artists with the
    following instructions:

    Here is a list of artists, Please take this list and chop it to
    pieces, post something pertaining to one of the artists, reply to
    me and I will summarize comments. Never heard of an artist ask the
    world. I can tell you at least a song title to look for by every
    artist on this list. Others probably have more information than I
    do. If you are ambitious, *** I DARE *** someone to just try &
    classify these into various "types" of music.

The main intent of this survey was to get an idea of what net folks had
to say about different artists.

The list was re-posted February 1st reminding people to respond, results
were accepted until February 17th. I received replies from 48 people,
totaling 1782 comments on approximately 572 artists (not counting artists
responders added), 391 of the artists I listed were not commented on. The
final survey results totaled 387K.

The results of the last survey are still available via FTP from
vacs.uwp.wisc.edu. If you want them via E-Mail, please feel free to mail
me and I will be happy to mail them (it might take a while to get them
all to you though.)

*NOTE*	 Although the survey is being run in rec.music.gaffa and
	 rec.music.misc, the results will only be posted in
	 rec.music.misc. I will post a message noting the survey
	 completion and results availability in rec.music.gaffa
	 (love-hounds mailing list) and they will be available via FTP and
	 E-mail request.

surveys conducted with the same artist list, here are the "rules":

Survey 1:

    Here is a list of artists, Please take this list and chop it to
    pieces, reply to me with ANY comment about that artist, and I will
    summarize your comments with the other replies. There is no
    "unacceptable" comment.

Survey 2:

Your friend has won a sweepstakes, the prize rules are as follows:

    The winner can have 1 album per artist for as many artists that
    can be thought up. To get you started, is the list of artists
    below. You can assume that all albums ever recorded by the artist
    are available for this case. Please do not include bootlegs/live
    recordings that were never "officially" released.

    Your friend has come to you to find out what to buy. For each
    artist that you are familiar with, pick THE "album" that you would
    recommend to your friend, also pick the album that you would tell
    your friend to avoid at all costs. (if applicable) Feel free to
    add new artists to the list and also, please explain WHY this
    album is your choice.

    Not all of the artists in this list has released an album, if this
    is the case, list the single/collaboaration/whatever, or if you
    think a collaboration album is better, go ahead and list it. (Be
    sure to know what the "artist" it can be found listed under.)

A couple of comments about all of this:

Where this list of artists came from:

    This list is compiled from the respondents of the previous surveys
    and the list of artists from my own music catalogue. Please help
    me correct any typos and alphabetizing errors. The list below is
    formatted with the sort key followed by the artist name, some of
    the sort keys have been truncated to preserve space.

    Some of the combinations listed below may not seem to make sense,
    things like "Peter Gabriel and Simple Minds" these collaborations
    are usually because they appreared together live at some point.
    Others listed here may be confusing, like Douglas Adams, he wrote
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy which is in my collection on CD,
    thus he is on the list, Whoopie Goldberg was in the Nelson Mandela
    concert, etc...

    Feel free to add more artists/groups, if it is not on the list
    below, it is not for any reason other than the fact that no-one
    thought of the name to add to the list, there are no deliberate
    omissions. Eclectic means "from many sources" and as such, this
    survey will cover any and all types of music that people wish to
    write about. It is all "fair game"

How to reply:

    You don't HAVE to reply to both surveys. (but it would be
    appreciated :-) It won't matter if you do them seperately or as
    one mailing. If it turns out that one or the other is too large,
    the results will be split into the two different surveys.

    Please don't indent your replies, I will handle that when I compile
    the results. I would appreciate it if you could use the following or a
    similar format: (If you do delete part of the line, please leave the
    sort key version of the artist, it will help me compile the results.)

>artist
Comments about artist

    I will respond to ALL replies. I recommend that you keep a copy of
    your response to this survey until you get a response from me. I will
    be posting a final call with a current response list on or around January
    31st. The survey will end About February 7th.

		       ****************************
		     *** DO NOT POST YOUR REPLIES ***
		     *** A SUMMARY WILL BE POSTED ***
		       ****************************
Here is an example of some comments from the last survey:

Rush

    "2112", "A Farewell To Kings" & "Hemispheres" are all supreme
    examples of progressive HM. "Moving Pictures" is THE techno-rock
    album of the 80s. Their recent albums will probably appeal more to
    Police/Simple Minds fans than metal-kids although "Power Windows"
    is impressive.
	  - Iain Smith & Jonathan Habrovitsky
     jhabrovi%computer-science.strathclyde.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK

    Heavy metal on the first album & progressed more into what I
    consider the progressive style.
	  - TRM900@PSUVM.PSU.edu

    My personal all-time favorite group. What you get when you put the
    best drummer in the world, with the best bass/synth combo man, and
    a very talented guitarist together. I hope they never quit!
	  - Chris Chavez ccmchris@pollux.ucdavis.edu

    Pretty good prog-rock up until _Moving Pictures_. After that, they
    started to go downhill and become boring. _Signals_ was fairly
    good, _Grace Under Pressure_ had a few high spots, but after that
    I started gagging every time their new songs came on the radio.
	  - Richard Caley rjc%cstr.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK

    Save yourself some money. Instead of buying the new Rush album
    just play one of the old ones again. You won't notice the
    difference.
	  - Russ Levreault RLEVREAULT@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU

    They are one my favorite groups. I even like their recent albums a
    lot. It's too bad they lost that raw energy ala 'Working Man'
    though. I like their polished music of late for different reasons.
	  - Frank J. Schima francis@pawl.rpi.edu

    Tried and true! Success hasn't spoiled this bunch!
	  - David Caldwell macs!dfc@bikini.cis.ufl.edu

    Very good rock group regardless of responses to previous survey.
    Their best work was from 1976 - 1982. Most of their songs had some
    story connected with it, rather than having ethereal lyrics or
    endlessly repeating, meaningless gibberish with extensive sexual
    connotation. They started to lose it on "Hold Your Fire", and were
    pretty bad on their latest, "Presto"
	  - Christopher Waldemar Bochna cb2w+@andrew.cmu.edu

    Vile disco crap :-)
	 -- clive%compsci.bristol.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK

**  Please remember, this is asking your opinion. There is no "right"
    and no "wrong" thing to say. If you hate so-and-so, tell us!!!

Artist List: (There are 1600+ artists in this list....)

(sort key)			  (artist "proper" name)

100 flowers			  100 Flowers
1000 homo djs			  1000 Homo DJs
13th floor elevators		  13th Floor Elevators
2 house people			  2 House People
45 grave			  45 Grave
808 state			  808 State
999				  999
a certain ratio			  A Certain Ratio
a house				  A House
a tribute to leadbelly		  A Tribute To Leadbelly
a tribute to monk & bird	  A Tribute to Monk & Bird
a-ha				  a-ha
aaberg philip			  Philip Aaberg
aaron robert			  Robert Aaron
abaercrombie john		  John Abaercrombie
abc				  ABC
abdul paula			  Paula Abdul
abrams muhal richard		  Muhal Richard Abrams
ac/dc				  AC/DC
acid horse			  Acid Horse
ackerman william		  William Ackerman
acoustic alchemy		  Acoustic Alchemy
act				  Act
adams douglas			  Douglas Adams
adderley benjamin		  Benjamin Adderley
adeva				  Adeva
adonis				  Adonis
afrika bambaata			  Afrika Bambaata
after the fire			  After The Fire
agee tawatha			  Tawatha Agee
ahwai robert			  Robert Ahwai
air force one			  Air Force One
alarm				  Alarm
alien sex fiend			  Alien Sex Fiend
allcock martin			  Martin Allcock
allen & afro beat 2000 tony	  Tony Allen & Afro Beat 2000
allen james			  James H. Allen
allman gregg			  Greg Allman
alomar carlos			  Carlos Alomar
alphaville			  Alphaville
ambrose francis			  Francis Ambrose
ambrosia			  Ambrosia
amon duul			  Amon Duul
amon duul ii			  Amon Duul II
ancient future			  Ancient Future
anderson bruford wakeman & howe	  Anderson Bruford Wakeman & Howe
anderson ian			  Ian Anderson
anderson jon			  Jon Anderson
anderson laurie			  Laurie Anderson
anderson ray			  Ray Anderson
anderton craig			  Craig Anderton
anger darol			  Darol Anger
annabouboula			  Annabouboula
ant adam			  Adam Ant
antonio paolo			  Paolo Antonio
aphrodite's child		  Aphrodite's Child
applewhite rudy			  Rudy Applewhite
apsaras				  Apsaras
area				  Area
argandona mario			  Mario Argandona
argent				  Argent
arkenstone & white		  Arkenstone & White
arkenstone david		  David Arkenstone
armando				  Armando
armani a. w.-murray		  Armani A. W.-Murray
armatrading joan		  Joan Armatrading
arms of someone new		  The Arms of Someone New
arnold p.p			  P.P Arnold
art of noise			  Art Of Noise
ashra				  Ashra
asia				  Asia
askarian khatchaturian		  Antranik Askarian, Khatchadour
				  Khatchaturian
askew joy			  Joy Askew
asleep at the wheel		  Asleep At The Wheel
associates			  Associates
astley jon			  Jon Astley
astley rick			  Rick Astley
aswad & sly and robbie		  Aswad & Sly And Robbie
aura william			  William Aura
austin pattie			  Pattie Austin
ayers kevin			  Kevin Ayers
aykroyd dan			  Dan Aykroyd
aziz abdul el-sayed		  Abdul Aziz El-Sayed
aztec camera			  Aztec Camera
azuma				  Azuma
b52s				  B52s
bach johann sebastian		  Johann Sebastian Bach
bacon max			  Max Bacon
bad boy bill			  Bad Boy Bill
baden powell			  Baden Powell
badrena manolo			  Manolo Badrena
baker anita			  Anita Baker
baker arthur			  Arthur Baker
baker chet			  Chet Baker
baldwin terry			  Terry Baldwin
ballard hank			  Hank Ballard
ballou phil			  Phil Ballou
bananarama			  Bananarama
band of holy joy		  Band of Holy Joy
banfi bilo			  Bilo Banfi
bang the party			  Bang The Party
banga (tanta-suaag)		  Banga (Tanta-Suaag)
banks tony			  Tony Banks
baptista cyro			  Cyro Baptista
barber billy			  Billy Barber
bardens pete			  Pete Bardens
barefoot			  barefoot
barker guy			  Guy Barker
barnes & barnes			  Barnes & Barnes
baron joey			  Joey Baron
barreca marc			  Marc Barreca
barrett syd			  Syd Barrett
barthope tim			  Tim Barthope
bartz jim			  Jim Bartz
basho robbie			  Robbie Basho
bauhaus				  Bauhaus
baumann peter			  Peter Baumann
bbc radiophonic workshop	  BBC Radiophonic Workshop
be bop deluxe			  Be Bop Deluxe
beach boys			  Beach Boys
bearnes & r. dexter r.		  R. Bearnes & R. Dexter
beat professor			  Beat Professor
beatles				  Beatles
beatty carl			  Carl Beatty
beautiful pea green boat	  Beautiful Pea Green Boat
beauvais keith			  Keith Beauvais
becca				  Becca
bechet sidney			  Sidney Bechet
beck jeff			  Jeff Beck
beck joe			  Joe Beck
beck, bogert & appice		  Beck, Bogert & Appice
becker david tribune		  David Becker Tribune
belafonte harry			  Harry Belafonte
belew adrian			  Adrian Belew
bell lori			  Lori Bell
bell maggie			  Maggie Bell
bell teja			  Teja Bell
bell teja/kindler steve		  Teja Bell/Steve Kindler
belle stars			  The Belle Stars
beloved				  The Beloved
benatar pat			  Pat Benatar
bennett				  Tony Bennett
benoit david			  David Benoit
berkey jackson			  Jackson Berkey
bernhardt warren		  Warren Bernhardt
berryhill cindy lee		  Cindy Lee Berryhill
best peter			  Peter Best
bhatia amin			  Amin Bhatia
big black			  Big Black
big daddy kane			  Big Daddy Kane
big trouble house		  Big Trouble House
bigod 20			  BigOD 20
bikales eric			  Eric Bikales
birdsongs of the mesozoic	  Birdsongs of the Mesozoic
blaber bill			  Bill Blaber
black rock and ron		  Black, Rock and Ron
black uhuru			  Black Uhuru
blancmange			  Blancmange
blaze				  Blaze
blenner serge			  Serge Blenner
bley carla			  Carla Bley
blondie				  Blondie
bloss rainer			  Rainer Bloss
blow kurtis			  Kurtis Blow
blowzabella			  Blowzabella
blue blue blue			  Blue Blue Blue
blue nile			  Blue Nile
blue oyster cult		  Blue Oyster
blues saraceno			  Blues Saraceno
bobadillo isidro		  Isidro Bobadillo
bodeans				  BoDeans
body & soul			  Body & Soul
body snatchers			  Body Snatchers
bon jovi			  Bon Jovi
boogie down productions		  Boogie Down Productions
book of love			  Book of Love
boomtown rats			  Boomtown Rats
boozoo chavis			  Boozoo Chavis
bowen douglas			  Douglas Bowen
bowers bruce			  Bruce Bowers
bowie david			  David Bowie
boyd liona			  Liona Boyd
boyev k paul			  K Paul Boyev
boys club			  Boys Club
bradford			  Bradford
brady paul			  Paul Brady
braheny kevin			  Kevin Braheny
bralower jimmy			  Jimmy Bralower
braxton anthony			  Anthony Braxton
break boys			  The Break Boys
brewer spencer			  Spencer Brewer
brian brian			  Brian Brian
brickell edie			  Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
briggs frank			  Frank Briggs
broad graham			  Graham Broad
bronze dave			  Dave Bronze
brooker gary			  Gary Brooker
brotman charles michael brotman	  Charles Michael Brotman
brower russell			  Russell Brower
brown julie			  Julie Brown
browne jackson			  Jackson Browne
brubeck dave			  Dave Brubeck
brubeck dave quartet		  Dave Brubeck Quartet
brucken claudia			  Claudia Brucken
bruford bill			  Bill Bruford
bruninghaus rainer		  Rainer Bruninghaus
buffett jimmy			  Jimmy Buffett
buffett peter			  Peter Buffett
buggles				  Buggles
bulgarian voices		  Bulgarian Voices
burmer richard			  Richard Burmer
burndi black			  Burndi Black
burnett tbone			  T-Bone Burnett
burnhardt warren		  Warren Burnhardt
burroughs william		  William S. Burroughs
burrowes kieth			  Kieth Burrowes
bush gilmour			  Kate Bush & David Gilmour
bush kate			  Kate Bush
buthelesi hilda			  Hilda Buthelesi
butthole surfers		  Butthole Surfers
byerley chris			  Chris Byerley
byrne david			  David Byrne
cabaret voltaire		  Cabaret Voltaire
cactus world news		  Cactus World News
cage john			  John Cage
cairo				  Cairo
california randy		  Randy California
call				  Call
camardella dom			  Dom Camardella
cameron doug			  Doug Cameron
camouflage			  Camouflage
can				  Can
canfield lynn			  Lynn Canfield
captain beefheart		  Captain Beefheart
caravan				  Caravan
carey tony			  Tony Carey
carlos wendy			  Wendy Carlos
carlton larry			  Larry Carlton
carmel				  Carmel
carmichael greg			  Greg Carmichael
carpenter john			  John Carpenter
carpenters			  Carpenters
cars				  The Cars
carthy martin			  Martin Carthy
carvell alan			  Alan Carvell
case peter			  Peter Case
casey howie			  Howie Casey
cashbow and the marvelous	  Cashbow and the Marvelous
cassandra complex		  Cassandra Complex
castlebeat			  Castlebeat
casual gods			  The Casual Gods
cattleprod			  Cattleprod
caudel stephen			  Stephen Caudel
cave nick			  Nick Cave
cazazza monte			  Monte Cazazza
chadbourne eugene		  Eugene Chadbourne
challenor jackie		  Jackie Challenor
champagne			  Champagne
chandra shiela			  Sheila Chandra
channel 1			  Channel 1
chapin harry			  Harry Chapin
chapman tracy			  Tracy Chapman
chase daniel			  Daniel Chase
cheap trick			  Cheap Trick
checkfield			  Checkfield
chicago				  Chicago
chicago music syndrome		  Chicago Music Syndrome
chick corea			  Chick Corea
chicken scratch			  Chicken Scratch
chieftains			  Chieftains
children			  The Children
childs toni			  Toni Childs
chin colin			  Colin Chin
china crisis			  China Crisis
chip e				  Chip E
chopin fredric			  Fredric Chopin
chordettes the			  The Chordettes
chris & cosey			  Chris & Cosey
christie lou			  Lou Christie
chrome				  Chrome
chubby checker			  Chubby Checker
chuckii booker			  Chuckii Booker
churchill			  Churchill
ciani suzanne			  Suzanne Ciani
cihen leonard			  Leonard Cohen
cincinnati pops orchestra	  Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
cindytalk			  Cindytalk
cioe chris			  Chris Cioe
clair obscur			  Clair Obscur
clan of xymox			  Clan Of Xymox
clannad				  Clannad
clapton eric			  Eric Clapton
clapton straits			  Dire Straits & Eric Clapton
clarke stanley			  Stanley Clarke
clash				  The Clash
clayton david			  David Clayton
clayton merry			  Merry Clayton
clegg & savuka johnny		  Johnny Clegg & Savuka
clemmons angrla			  Angrla Clemmons
cleveland barry			  Barry Cleveland
click click			  Click Click
clifford matt			  Matt Clifford
clockdva			  ClockDVA
clockwork			  Clockwork
clouden leroy			  Leroy Clouden
clover richard			  Richard Clover
cluster				  Cluster
cobbs michelle			  Michelle Cobbs
cockburn bruce			  Bruce Cockburn
cocker joe			  Joe Cocker
cocteau twins			  Cocteau Twins
cocteau twins & budd		  Cocteau Twins & Budd
code 61				  Code 61
cohen linda			  Linda Cohen
coil				  Coil
cold cut			  Cold Cut
cole david and robert clivilles	  David Cole and Robert Clivilles
cole jude			  Jude Cole
cole lloyd and the commotions	  Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
colina michael			  Michael Colina
collins phil			  Phil Collins
colm iii			  Colm III
colourbox			  Colourbox
comateens			  Comateens
compilati gerlando		  Gerlando Compilati
consolidated			  Consolidated
conspiracy international project  Conspiracy International Project
conti bill			  Bill Conti
contortions			  The Contortions
controlled bleeding		  Controlled Bleeding
convex				  Convex
cook betsy			  Betsy Cook
cook pablo			  Pablo Cook
cookie crew			  Cookie Crew
cooly ron			  Ron Cooly
cooper alice			  Alice Cooper
cooper jessie allen		  Jessie Allen Cooper
copeland stewart		  Stewart Copeland
copernicus			  Copernicus
cornwell hugh			  Hugh Cornwell
cossu scott			  Scott Cossu
costello alexander		  Alexander Costello
costello elvis attractions	  Elvis Costello And The Attractions
courage alexander		  Alexander Courage
cowsills			  Cowsills
cramps				  Cramps
cramps the			  The Cramps
crashdummies			  Crashdummies
cray robert			  Robert Cray
crazy eights			  Crazy Eights
cream				  Cream
creedence clearwater revival	  Creedence Clearwater Revival
crime & the city solution	  Crime & the City Solution
cross the			  The Cross
cross tim			  Tim Cross
crowley kevin			  Kevin Crowley
crusher				  Crusher
cult the			  The Cult
culture club			  Culture Club
culture vibe			  Culture Vibe
cure				  The Cure
currie billy			  Billy Currie
curry tim			  Tim Curry
cusco				  Cusco
cycle v				  Cycle V
cyrille andrew			  Andrew Cyrille
czukay holger			  Holger Czukay
d'atra hicks			  D'Atra Hicks
d.j. pierre			  D.J. Pierre
daily elizbeth			  Elizbeth Daily
dalbello			  Dalbello
dale dick and his del-tones	  Dick Dale and his Del-Tones
dammers jerry simple minds	  Jerry Dammers & Simple Minds
danglish malcolm		  Malcolm Danglish
data bank a			  Data Bank A
david gilmore			  David Gilmore
davis neal			  Neal Davis
davison peter			  Peter Davison
dax danielle			  Danielle Dax
db				  dB
de burgh chris			  Chris De Burgh
de grassi alex			  Alex De Grassi
de la soul			  De La Soul
de larny sandy			  Sandy De Larny
dead can dance			  Dead Can Dance
dead milkmen			  Dead Milkmen
death in june			  Death in June
deee lite			  Deee Lite
deep purple			  Deep Purple
def jef				  Def Jef
defunkt				  Defunkt
del gatto lew			  Lew Del Gatto
del maestro richard		  Richard del Maestro
delta rhythm boys		  Delta Rhythm Boys
demby constance			  Constance Demby
dempsey michael			  Michael Dempsey
denny sandy			  Sandy Denny
denton eric			  Eric Denton
deodato				  Deodato
depeche mode			  Depeche Mode
derringer rick			  Rick Derringer
deuter				  Deuter
devito karla			  Karla DeVito
devo				  Devo
di meola al			  Al Di Meola
dial oats			  Garry Dial & Dick Oats
diamond galas			  Diamond Galas
dibango manu			  Manu Dibango
die bunker			  Die Bunker
die warzau			  Die Warzau
dif juz				  Dif Juz
diggs bennie			  Bennie Diggs
diggy cosak clark		  Diggy, Mark Cosak and Eileen Clark
din a testbild			  Din A Testbild
dinesh pandit			  Pandit Dinesh
dissidenten			  Dissidenten
dixon benjamin			  Benjamin Dixon
dj doktor megatrip		  DJ Doktor Megatrip
dj jazzy jeff			  DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
dj prince ice			  DJ Prince Ice
doan john			  John Doan
dogole ian			  Ian Dogole
dominique			  Dominique
double fantasy			  Double Fantasy
double trouble and the rebel mc	  Double Trouble and the rebel MC
dowling ben			  Ben Dowling
downes geoffrey			  Geoffrey Downes
dr calculus			  Dr. Calculus
dr derelict			  Dr. Derelict
drake nick			  Nick Drake
drayton charlie			  Charlie Drayton
dresser mark			  Mark Dresser
drowning pool			  Drowning Pool
dudley anne			  Anne Dudley
dudley anne and jaz coleman	  Anne Dudley and Jaz Coleman
dudley roger			  Roger Dudley
dugmore geoff			  Geoff Dugmore
duncan & potts			  John Duncan/Joe Potts
dunn mike			  Mike Dunn
duran duran			  Duran Duran
durutti column			  Durutti Column
dvb				  DVB
dwane mark			  Mark Dwane
dylan bob			  Bob Dylan
eagles				  Eagles
east ash			  East Ash
easterhouse			  Easterhouse
easton sheena			  Sheena Easton
easy e				  Easy E
echo and the bunnymen		  Echo and the Bunnymen
echolette ricky			  Ricky Echolette
eddy duane			  Duane Eddy
edge jonathan			  Jonathan Edge
edge the			  The Edge
egan mark			  Mark Egan
eikhard shirley			  Shirley Eikhard
einstuerzende neubauten		  Einstuerzende Neubauten
eisler brecht			  Hanns Eisler & Bertolt Brecht
electronic			  Electronic
elements			  Elements
elfert vera			  Vera Elfert
elfman danny			  Danny Elfman
elias jonathan			  Jonathan Elias
ellwood william			  William Ellwood
eloy				  Eloy
emerald web			  Emerald Web
emerson austin cameron		  Emerson Austin Cameron
emerson kieth			  Kieth Emerson
emerson lake & palmer		  Emerson Lake & Palmer
emerson lake & powell		  Emerson Lake & Powell
emory sonny			  Sonny Emory
enid the			  The Enid
eno brian			  Brian Eno
eno byrne			  Brian Eno & David Byrne
enya				  Enya
erasure				  Erasure
erguner kudsi			  Kudsi Erguner
esp				  Esp
estefan gloria			  Gloria Estefan & Miama Sound Machine
eurythmics			  Eurythmics
evans dave			  Dave Evans
everything but the girl		  Everything But The Girl
exchange			  Exchange
fabulous pink dots		  Fabulous Pink Dots
fabulous poodles		  Fabulous Poodles
fairport convention		  Fairport Convention
faith no more			  Faith No More
faltermeyer harold		  Harold Faltermeyer
farafina			  Farafina
farley jackmaster funk		  Farley Jackmaster Funk
fast eddie			  Fast Eddie
fatala				  Fatala
fats boys			  The Fats Boys
feargal sharkey			  Feargal Sharkey
feelies the			  The Feelies
ferrone steve			  Steve Ferrone
ferry bryan			  Bryan Ferry
fields of the nephilim		  Fields of the Nephilim
fier anton			  Anton Fier
fiets roger			  Roger Fiets
figures on a beach		  Figures On A Beach
fingers inc			  Fingers Inc
fink marxer			  Cathy Fink/Marcy Marxer
fire engines			  Fire Engines
firehose			  Firehose
fischer lisa			  Lisa Fischer
fish				  Fish
fishbone			  Fishbone
fisher tony			  Tony Fisher
fleetwood mac			  Fleetwood Mac
fleshtones the			  The Fleshtones
flim & the bb's			  Flim & the BB's
flock of seagulls		  A Flock of Seagulls
flying lizards			  Flying Lizards
fong phil			  Phil Fong
foster alex			  Alex Foster
fountainhead			  Fountainhead
fowlkes eddie			  Eddie 'Flashin' Fowlkes
foxx john			  John Foxx
fra lippo lippi			  Fra Lippo Lippi
frankie goes to hollywood	  Frankie Goes To Hollywood
fraser alasdair and paul machlis  Alasdair Fraser and Paul Machlis
fraser alisdair			  Alisdair Fraser
frayne henry			  Henry Frayne
freiheit			  Freiheit
freur				  Freur
frey glenn			  Glenn Frey
friedman marty			  Marty Friedman
friedmann			  Friedmann
frink laurie			  Laurie Frink
fripp & eno			  Fripp & Eno
fripp robert			  Robert Fripp
frith fred			  Fred Frith
froese edgar			  Edgar Froese
front 242			  Front 242
front line assembly		  Front Line Assembly
fry martin			  Martin Fry
ft. jesus with dj zero		  Ft. Jesus with DJ Zero
fugazi				  Fugazi
fuller mark			  Mark Fuller
funhouse			  Funhouse
funk bob			  Bob Funk
fuzzbox				  Fuzzbox
g love e			  G love E
gable bill			  Bill Gable
gabriel peter			  Peter Gabriel
gabriel peter simple minds	  Peter Gabriel & Simple Minds
gadd steve			  Steve Gadd
galaxie 500			  Galaxie 500
gandalf				  Gandalf
gang of four			  Gang of Four
gardner earl			  Earl Gardner
garisto diane			  Diane Garisto
garolou				  Garolou
garrison michael		  Michael Garrison
gear daddies			  Gear Daddies
geissman grant			  Grant Geissman
geldof bob			  Bob Geldof
gems the			  The Gems
gene				  G.E.N.E.
gene love jezebel		  Gene Love Jezebel
genesis				  Genesis
gentry ice			  Gentry Ice
george malcolm			  George Malcolm
georgia satelites		  Georgia Satelites
germs				  Germs
geronimo			  Geronimo
gettel michael			  Michael Gettel
ghiwane nass el			  Nass El Ghiwane
gibson debbie			  Debbie Gibson
gill andy			  Andy Gill
gillian & glover		  Gillian & Glover
gilmour david			  David Gilmour
giltrap gordon			  Gordon Giltrap
glass philip			  Philip Glass
glitter gary			  Gary Glitter
glynn dominic			  Dominic Glynn
go go's				  Go Go's
gold marian			  Marian Gold
goldberg whoopi			  Whoopi Goldberg
golden earring			  Golden Earring
golden point			  Golden Point
goldsmith jerry			  Jerry Goldsmith
gomm ian			  Ian Gomm
goodman jerry			  Jerry Goodman
gore martin l			  Martin L Gore
gorka john			  John Gorka
gorky park			  Gorky Park
graham glenn			  Glenn Graham
grandmaster melle mel		  Grandmaster Melle Mel
gratz wayne			  Wayne Gratz
greater than one		  Greater Than One
greater than one		  Greater Than One
greatorex benjamin		  Benjamin Greatorex
green al			  Al Green
gregory dick			  Dick Gregory
gregory michael			  Michael Gregory
grey andy			  Andy Grey
griffith nanci			  Nanci Griffith
grossman carol			  Carol Grossman
grusin dave			  Dave Grusin
grusin dave & don		  Dave & Don Grusin
guaraldi trio vince		  Vince Guaraldi Trio
guns and roses			  Guns And Roses
guru josh			  Guru Josh
hadjopoulos sue			  Sue Hadjopoulos
hafler trio			  Hafler Trio
hagen nina			  Nina Hagen
haig paul			  Paul Haig
hall & oates			  Hall & Oates
halpern & horn			  Halpern & Horn
halpern steve			  Steve Halpern
hammer jan			  Jan Hammer
hammill peter			  Peter Hammill
hanks tom			  Tom Hanks
happy mondays			  Happy Mondays
harding john wesley		  John Wesley Harding
hardsonic bottoms 3		  The Hardsonic Bottoms 3
haris alexiou			  Haris Alexiou
harris hugh			  Hugh Harris
harris simon			  Simon Harris
harrison george			  George Harrison
harry deborah			  Deborah Harry
hart cory			  Cory Hart
hartman dan			  Dan Hartman
harvey connie			  Connie Harvey
hassell jon			  Jon Hassell
havens richie			  Richie Havens
hawkwind			  Hawkwind
haycock pete			  Pete Haycock
hayton ted			  Ted Hayton
hayward justin			  Justin Hayward
hayward lodge			  Justin Hayward & John Lodge
haza ofra			  Ofra Haza
headroom max			  Max Headroom
heaven 17			  Heaven 17
heavenly bodies			  Heavenly Bodies
hecht arno			  Arno Hecht
hecht daniel			  Daniel Hecht
hedge christoper		  Christoper Hedge
hedges michael			  Michael Hedges
heermans andy			  Andy Heermans
heino				  Heino
heinz				  Heinz
henderson rick			  Rick Henderson
hendrix jimi			  Jimi Hendrix
hendryx nona			  Nona Hendryx
hercules			  Hercules
hermans hermits			  Herman's Hermits
hermoma christina		  Christina Hermoma
herting greg			  Greg Herting
hickman sara			  Sara Hickman
hidden faces			  Hidden Faces
hildebrand john			  John Hildebrand
hiroshima			  Hiroshima
hit house			  Hit House
hitchcock robin			  Robin Hitchcock
hitchcock russell		  Russell Hitchcock
hoenig michael			  Michael Hoenig
holdsworth allan		  Allan Holdsworth
holland jools			  Jools Holland
holly carole			  Carole Holly
holwin mic			  Mic Holwin
homrich junior			  Junior Homrich
hood the			  The Hood
hooker john lee			  John Lee Hooker
hope peter kirk richard		  Peter Hope and Richard Kirk
hopkins lightnin'		  Lightnin' Hopkins
horky robert julian		  Robert Julian Horky
horn paul			  Paul Horn
horn trevor			  Trevor Horn
horner james			  James Horner
horseflies			  Horseflies
hot gossip			  Hot Gossip
hothouse flowers		  Hothouse Flowers
house hustlers			  House Hustlers
housemartins			  Housemartins
houston fearless		  Houston Fearless
houston whitney			  Whitney Houston
howard james newton		  James Newton Howard
howard robert and kim mazelle	  Robert Howard and Kim Mazelle
howard tom			  Tom Howard
howarth alan			  Alan Howarth
howe robert			  Robert Howe
howe steve			  Steve Howe
hubbard neil			  Neil Hubbard
hughes garry			  Garry Hughes
hula				  Hula
hum adrian			  Adrian Hum
human league			  Human League
humble kate			  Kate Humble
hume irene			  Irene Hume
hunter steve			  Steve Hunter
hutchings ashley		  Ashley Hutchings
hutchins brent			  Brent Hutchins
huxley craig			  Craig Huxley
hwong lucia			  Lucia Hwong
hyldgaard soren			  Soren Hyldgaard
ibrahim abdullah		  Abdullah Ibrahim
ice cube			  Ice Cube
ice-t				  Ice-T
ideola				  IDEoLA
idol billy			  Billy Idol
iggy pop			  Iggy Pop
illenberger ralf		  Ralf Illenberger
in the nursery			  In The Nursery
incantation			  Incantation
incredible string band		  Incredible String Band
information society		  Information Society
innocence mission		  The Innocence Mission
interior			  Interior
iron maiden			  Iron Maiden
isaak chris			  Chris Isaak
isham mark			  Mark Isham
it				  The It
it bites			  It Bites
it's immaterial			  It's Immaterial
jack 'n' chill			  Jack 'N' Chill
jack frost			  Jack Frost
jack rubies the			  The Jack Rubies
jackmaster dick			  Jackmaster Dick
jackson joe			  Joe Jackson
jackson michael			  Michael Jackson
jacksons			  The Jacksons
jacobsen jim			  Jim Jacobsen
jade warrior			  Jade Warrior
jam				  Jam
jamal ahmad			  Ahmad Jamal
james				  James
james chance			  James Chance
james etta			  Etta James
james white and the blacks	  James White and the Blacks
james-royce david		  David James-Royce
jams the			  The Jams
jane's addiction		  Jane's Addiction
japan				  Japan
jardim louis			  Louis Jardim
jarre jean michel		  Jean Michel Jarre
jarre maurice			  Maurice Jarre
jarvis arnold			  Arnold Jarvis
jarvis john			  John Jarvis
jeczalik j.j.			  J.J. Jeczalik
jefferson airplane		  Jefferson Airplane
jefferson marshall		  Marshall Jefferson
jenkins leroy			  Leroy Jenkins
jesus and mary chain		  Jesus And Mary Chain
jesus jones			  Jesus Jones
jethro tull			  Jethro Tull
jets				  Jets
jett joan & the blackhearts	  Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
jhalib				  Jhalib
jimenez flaco			  Flaco Jimenez
jobson eddie			  Eddie Jobson
joe smooth			  Joe Smooth
johnson				  Johnson
johnson eric			  Eric Johnson
johnson jessie stephanie sprull	  Jesse Johnson & Stephanie Sprull
johnson lorenza			  Lorenza Johnson
johnson scott			  Scott Johnson
jomanda				  Jomanda
jones howard			  Howard Jones
jones jill			  Jill Jones
jones michael			  Michael Jones
jones steve			  Steve Jones
jones tom			  Tom Jones
jones trevor			  Trevor Jones
josef k				  Josef K
journey				  Journey
judas priest			  Judas Priest
julian jonah			  Julian Jonah
jump st man			  Jump St Man
jumpin jesus			  Jumpin Jesus
jungle brothers			  The Jungle Brothers
jungle wonz			  Jungle Wonz
kahn brenda			  Brenda Kahn
kahn nusrat fateh ali and party	  Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn and Party
kaiser henry			  Henry Kaiser
kammins mark			  Mark Kammins
kane a.r.			  A.R. Kane
kater peter			  Peter Kater
kawiana nyomen			  Nyomen Kawiana
keen, robert earl, jr.		  Robert Earl Keen, Jr.
kelly kirk			  Kirk Kelly
kennedy joyce			  Joyce Kennedy
kenny g.			  Kenny G.
kershaw nik			  Nik Kershaw
keyma				  Keyma
keynotes			  Keynotes
khan bou			  Bou Khan
khan chaka			  Chaka Khan
khumato bakithi			  Bakithi Khumato
kilgore robby			  Robby Kilgore
killer pussy			  Killer Pussy
killing joke			  Killing Joke
kindler steve			  Steve Kindler
king albert			  Albert King
king bb				  B.B. King
king ben taverna		  Ben Taverna King
king crimson			  King Crimson
king curtis			  Curtis King
kinkina				  Kinkina
kiss				  Kiss
kitajima osamu			  Osamu Kitajima
kitaro				  Kitaro
kitazoe shigeru			  Shigeru Kitazoe
kitchens of distinction		  The Kitchens of Distinction
klein mindy			  Mindy Klein
klf the				  The KLF
kmfdm				  KMFDM
knopfler mark			  Mark Knopfler
knopfler mark atkins chet	  Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins
kodo				  Kodo
kosek kenny			  Kenny Kosek
kottke leo			  Leo Kottke
kraftwerk			  Kraftwerk
krause bernie & human remains	  Bernie Krause & Human Remains
kraze				  Kraze
krieger robby			  Robby Krieger
kronos quartet			  Kronos Quartet
krush				  Krush
kuhn joachim			  Joachim Kuhn
l-trimm				  L-Trimm
la belle patti			  Patti La Belle
laibach				  Laibach
lake greg			  Greg Lake
lander judd			  Judd Lander
landry richard			  Richard Landry
landscape			  Landscape
lang brad			  Brad Lang
lang k.d.			  K.D. Lang
langan gary			  Gary Langan
lanois daniel			  Daniel Lanois
lanz david			  David Lanz
lanz david & speer paul		  David Lanz & Paul Speer
laraaji				  Laraaji
lasser max			  Max Lasser
laswell bill			  Bill Laswell
latitude			  Latitude
laverne andy			  Andy Laverne
lavin christine			  Christine Lavin
lawrence rhett			  Rhett Lawrence
le bon simon			  Simon Le Bon
le noiz				  Le Noiz
le sage deram			  Deram Le Sage
lead into gold			  Lead Into Gold
leadbelly			  Leadbelly
league unlimited orchestra	  League Unlimited Orchestra
leblanc keith			  Keith Leblanc
lebolt dave			  Dave Lebolt
led zeppelin			  Led Zeppelin
lee alvin			  Alvin Lee
lee sara			  Sara Lee
lee yolanda			  Yolanda Lee
leer thomas			  Thomas Leer
legendary pink dots		  Legendary Pink Dots
leidse sleuteljes		  de Leidse Sleuteljes
lemer pepe			  Pepe Lemer
lennon john			  John Lennon
lennon julian			  Julian Lennon
leonard andy			  Andy Leonard
leonhart jay			  Jay Leonhart
leslie john			  John Leslie
level 42			  Level 42
levin pete			  Pete Levin
levin tony			  Tony Levin
lewis huey & the news		  Huey Lewis & The News
liaz				  Liaz
liljestrand eric		  Eric Liljestrand
lindsay arto			  Arto Lindsay
lindsay harold			  Harold Lindsay
lippo lippi			  Lippo Lippi
lisa m				  Lisa M
literal paul			  Paul Literal
little river band		  Little River Band
living colour			  Living Colour
livonia				  Livonia
lizzie tear			  Lizzie Tear
ll cool j			  LL Cool J
lloyd bernhard			  Bernhard Lloyd
lodge john			  John Lodge
london sinfonia			  London Sinfonia
londonbeat			  Londonbeat
lonesome stardust cowboy	  Lonesome Stardust Cowboy
long fellow			  Long Fellow
longsy d			  Longsy D
longwalker ernie		  Ernie Longwalker
loose ends			  Loose Ends
louisiana red			  Louisiana Red
lounge lizards			  The Lounge Lizards
love and rockets		  Love and Rockets
loveless jim			  Jim Loveless
loverboy			  Loverboy
lovett lyle			  Lyle Lovett
lower third			  The Lower Third
luba				  Luba
ludra wayan			  Wayan Ludra
lush				  Lush
lustmord			  Lustmord
lynch ray			  Ray Lynch
lynne jeff			  Jeff Lynne
m				  M
m. doc				  M. Doc
maal baaba			  Baaba Maal
maccoll kirsty			  Kirsty Maccoll
mackenna maye			  Maye Mackenna
maclachlan sarah		  Sarah MacLachlan
madness				  Madness
madonna				  Madonna
magazine			  Magazine
magma				  Magma
mahavishnu orchestra		  Mahavishnu Orchestra
mahlathini mahotella queens	  Mahlathini and The Mahotella Queens
mahlathini nkabinde simon	  Simon Mahlathini Nkabinde
mahogany rush			  Mahogany Rush
mahoney jeff			  Jeff Mahoney
maillard serge			  Serge Maillard
makeba masakela			  Miriam Makeba & Hugh Masakela
mako				  Mako
malaysian pale			  Malaysian Pale
mancini henry			  Henry Mancini
mandell tommy			  Tommy Mandell
manfredo fest			  Manfredo Fest
mann brian			  Brian Mann
mannheim steamroller		  Mannheim Steamroller
manring michael			  Michael Manring
manufacture			  Manufacture
manzanera phil			  Phil Manzanera
marconi premiata forneria	  Premiata Forneria Marconi
maria mcgee			  Maria McGee
marillion			  Marillion
marilyn crispell		  Marilyn Crispell
mario smokin diaz		  Mario Smokin Diaz
markus				  Markus
marley ziggie and the melody	  Ziggie Marley And The Melody Makers
marlo clari			  Clair Marlo
marrs				  M|A|R|R|S
marshall auger			  Mike Marshall & Darol Auger
martinez cliff			  Cliff Martinez
martini ranch			  Martini Ranch
marvin hank			  Hank Marvin
marx danny			  Danny Marx
master e			  Master E
masters at work			  Masters At Work
masters c&j			  Masters C&J
material			  Material
mathieu knorad			  Knorad Mathieu
mathieu wa			  W.A. Mathieu
matrix				  Matrix
matt bianco			  Matt Bianco
maunu peter			  Peter Maunu
maupin benny			  Benny Maupin
maxi priest			  Maxi Priest
may brian			  Brian May
mayday				  Mayday
mazersmith			  Suzan Mazer/Dallas Smith
mazzy star			  Mazzy Star
mbadu nobesothu			  Nobesothu Mbadu
mc 900				  MC 900
mc hammer			  MC Hammer
mc5				  MC5
mcallister jerry		  Jerry McAllister
mccarthy dennis			  Dennis McCarthy
mccartney paul			  Paul McCartney
mccracken hugh			  Hugh McCracken
mcculloch ian			  Ian McCulloch
mcdonald dolette		  Dolette McDonald
mcdonald milton			  Milton McDonald
mcdonald skip			  Skip McDonald
mcdonald steve			  Steve McDonald
mcdowell mississippi fred	  Mississippi Fred McDowell
mcferrin bobby			  Bobby McFerrin
mcgarrigle kate anna		  Kate & Anna McGarrigle
mcghee brownie			  Brownie McGhee
mckeehan doug			  Doug McKeehan
mclaren malcolm			  Malcolm McLaren
mclaren malcolm and		  Malcolm McLaren and the World's Famous
				  Supreme Team
mclaughlin santana		  Carlos Santana/John Mclaughlin
mcwilliams paulette		  Paulette McWilliams
mead lux lewis			  Mead Lux Lewis
mead randy			  Randy Mead
meatloaf & brian may		  Meatloaf & Brian May
medeiros glen			  Glen Medeiros
medeiros wolfgramm		  Glen Medeiros & Elizabeth Wolfgramm
megabyte			  Megabyte
mehan jamie			  Jamie Mehan
melanie				  Melanie
mellencamp john cougar		  John Cougar Mellencamp
melon				  Melon
men at work			  Men At Work
men without hats		  Men Without Hats
menezes margareth		  Margareth Menezes
mercury freddie			  Freddie Mercury
meredith monk			  Meredith Monk
mergnerweisser			  Mergner & Weisser (AKA Software)
merlin				  Merlin
mertens wim			  Wim Mertens
metheny group pat		  Pat Metheny Group
meyer mandy			  Mandy Meyer
meynell matthew			  Matthew Meynell
michael david			  David Michael
michael george			  George Michael
michelle shocked		  Michelle Shocked
microdisney			  Microdisney
midnight star			  Midnight Star
mighty lemon drops the		  The Mighty Lemon Drops
millea bob			  Bob Millea
mind over matter		  Mind Over Matter
minder bob			  Bob Minder/Urban Contours
ministry			  Ministry
minutemen			  Minutemen
miriam makeba			  Miriam Makeba
misato akifumi			  Akifumi Misato
missing persons			  Missing Persons
mission				  The Mission
mission				  The Mission (The Mission U.K. in the
				  U.S.)
mission of burma		  Mission of Burma
mister fingers			  Mister Fingers
mitchell bruce			  Bruce Mitchell
mitchell joni			  Joni Mitchell
mitsouko sparks			  Les Rita Mitsouko and Sparks
mitsumori hideki		  Hideki Mitsumori
mk ii				  Mk II
moberley gary			  Gary Moberley
model 500			  Model 500
modern english			  Modern English
mollin fred			  Fred Mollin
moments of ecstasy		  Moments of Ecstasy
mondshine c.			  C. Mondshine
monk thelonius sphere		  Thelonius Sphere Monk
monkees the			  The Monkees
monochrome set			  Monochrome Set
monsoon				  Monsoon
montfort matthew		  Matthew Montfort
montreaux			  Montreaux
montrose ronnie			  Ronnie Montrose
monty python			  Monty Python
moody blues			  Moody Blues
moore doran			  Christy Moore/Paul Doran
moore gary			  Gary Moore
moraz patrick			  Patrick Moraz
moreton simon			  Simon Moreton
morgan timothy			  Timothy Morgan
moricone ennio			  Ennio Moricone
morley paul			  Paul Morley
moroder georgio			  Georgio Moroder
moroder oakley			  Georgio Moroder & Philip Oakley
morrison jim			  Jim Morrison
morrissey			  Morrissey
morse steve band		  Steve Morse Band
morton simon			  Simon Morton
motello elton			  Elton Motello
motels				  Motels
mothersbaugh mike		  Mike Mothersbaugh
mounsey rob			  Rob Mounsey + The Flying Monkey
				  Orchestra
mr fingers			  Mr Fingers
mud honey			  Mud Honey
muddy waters			  Muddy Waters
mulligan gerry			  Gerry Mulligan
muramoto kazuyo			  Kazuyo Muramoto
murphy maurice			  Maurice Murphy
murphy peter			  Peter Murphy
murray michael			  Michael Murray
musicians of the nile		  The Musicians of the Nile
my bloody valentine		  My Bloody Valentine
my life with the thrill		  My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
n				  The N
n'dour youssou & gabriel	  Youssou N'Dour & Gabriel
nabeshima tsugio		  Tsugio Nabeshima
narell andy			  Andy Narell
nasa				  NASA
nature				  Nature
negativland			  Negativland
nelson bill			  Bill Nelson
nelson bj			  BJ Nelson
nelson brenda			  Brenda Nelson
nena				  Nena
neneh cherry			  Neneh Cherry
neon				  Neon
nethen carol			  Carol Nethen
neuronium			  Neuronium
neville brothers		  Neville Brothers
new american orchestra		  New American Orchestra
new edition			  New Edition
new kids on the block		  New Kids On The Block
new musik			  New Musik
new order			  New Order
new percussion group of		  New Percussion Group of Amsterdam
newcleus			  Newcleus
newman randy			  Randy Newman
nicks stevie			  Stevie Nicks
niewood gerry			  Gerry Niewood
niggers with attitude		  Niggers With Attitude
night arc			  Night Arc
night writers			  Night Writers
nightcrawlers			  Nightcrawlers
nightnoise			  Nightnoise
nikki sudden			  Nikki Sudden
niles tessa			  Tessa Niles
nine inch nails			  Nine Inch Nails
nitro deluxe			  Nitro Deluxe
nitzer ebb			  Nitzer Ebb
nixon roper			  Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper
nkosi west			  West Nkosi
nomi klaus			  Klaus Nomi
noone peter			  Peter Noone
nooten pieter			  Pieter Nooten
norman jessye			  Jessye Norman
north peter			  Peter North
nothing but the girl		  Nothing But the Girl
novo combo			  Novo Combo
numan gary			  Gary Numan
nurse with wound		  Nurse With Wound
nyembe mildred			  Mildred Nyembe
o'connor sinead			  Sinead O'Connor
o'hearn patrick			  Patrick O'Hearn
o'neal alexander		  Alexander O'Neal
o'sullivan gilbert		  Gilbert O'Sullivan
oats dick			  Dick Oats/Dial & Oats
ocean blue the			  The Ocean Blue
oingo boingo			  Oingo Boingo
oldfield mike			  Mike Oldfield
oldfield sally			  Sally Oldfield
on it				  On It
on the house			  On The House
ono hideo			  Hideo Ono
orbit william			  William Orbit
orchestral manoeuvres in the	  Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
orton doug			  Doug Orton
osmond donny			  Donny Osmond
p'cock				  P'Cock
palmer carl			  Carl Palmer
palmer david			  David Palmer
palmer phil			  Phil Palmer
pankow				  Pankow
parachute men			  Parachute Men
paradise			  Paradise
park ave			  Park Ave
parker daniel			  Daniel Parker
parsons john			  John Parsons
parsons project the alan	  The Alan Parsons Project
parsons steve			  Steve Parsons
partch harry			  Harry Partch
partridge family		  Partridge Family
party				  The Party
pastorius jaco			  Jaco Pastorius
pbf				  Pbf
peak				  Peak
pege monica			  Monica Pege
pegg dave			  Dave Pegg
pendarvis janice		  Janice Pendarvis
pendarvis leon			  Leon Pendarvis
peron carlos			  Carlos Peron
perry doane			  Doane Perry
pet shop boys			  Pet Shop Boys
peyton craig			  Craig Peyton
peyton verdery			  Craig Peyton & Ben Verdery (Latitude)
pfortune			  Pfortune
phase ii			  Phase II
phillips anthony		  Anthony Phillips
phillips phil & the twilights	  Phil Phillips & The Twilights
phillips sam			  Sam Phillips
phillips wilson			  Wilson Phillips
phiri ray			  Ray Phiri
phuture				  Phuture
piazzolla astor			  Astor Piazzolla
pickett lenny			  Lenny Pickett
pierre's fantasy club		  Pierre's Fantasy Club
pierson kate			  Kate Pierson
pilkington camilla		  Camilla Pilkington
pink floyd			  Pink Floyd
pintar judith			  Judith Pintar
pixies				  Pixies
plant brooker ure		  Robert Plant, Gary Brooker, Midge Ure
plant robert			  Robert Plant
plastic people of the universe	  Plastic People of the Universe
pleasure thieves		  Pleasure Thieves
pleasure zone			  Pleasure Zone
plice thee			  The Police
pluznick michael		  Michael Pluznick
pogues the			  The Pogues
pointer sisters the		  The Pointer Sisters
politti scritti			  Scritti Politti
pomus doc			  Doc Pomus
ponce daniel			  Daniel Ponce
ponder sanford			  Sanford Ponder
poorboys			  The Poorboys
powell andy			  Andy Powell
presto				  Presto
pretenders			  Pretenders
primal scream			  Primal Scream
primus				  Primus
prince				  Prince
principle jamie			  Jamie Principle
pritchard bill			  Bill Pritchard
propaganda			  Propaganda
prophet l- cee			  The Prophet L- Cee
psyche				  Psyche
psychic tv			  Psychic TV
public enemy			  Public Enemy
public image ltd		  Public Image Ltd
puck fair			  Puck Fair
pwl				  PW&L
q. lazzarus			  Q. Lazzarus
qualey david			  David Qualey
queen				  Queen
quest				  Quest
quiet force			  Quiet Force
quinn mike			  Mike Quinn
quist bill			  Bill Quist
rabin trevor			  Trevor Rabin
raddakka			  Raddakka
radio free			  Radio Free
ramones				  The Ramones
ramos paulo band		  Paulo Ramos Band
ramzy hossam			  Hossam Ramzy
rasperies			  Rasperies
raze				  Raze
rea chris			  Chris Rea
reaves giles			  Giles Reaves
recoil				  Recoil
records				  Records
red flag			  Red Flag
red hot chili peppers		  Red Hot Chili Peppers
redbone leon			  Leon Redbone
reed lou			  Lou Reed
reese				  Reese
rem				  R.E.M.
replacements the		  The Replacements
residents			  Residents
revenge				  Revenge
revolting cocks			  Revolting Cocks
rheingold			  Rheingold
rhythm & noise			  Rhythm & Noise
rhythm devils			  Rhythm Devils
rhythm is rhythm		  Rhythm Is Rhythm
rhythm methodists		  The Rhythm Methodists
rhythm tribe			  Rhythm Tribe
rice boyd			  Boyd Rice
rich robert			  Robert Rich
richie rich			  Richie Rich
ricotti frank			  Frank Ricotti
riemann k.			  K. Riemann
riesman michael			  Michael Riesman
riley terry			  Terry Riley
rio rhythm			  Rio Rhythm
rippingtons			  Rippingtons
risque iii			  Risque III
risque inc			  Risque Inc
risque rhythm team		  Risque Rhythm Team
risse				  Risse
ritchie brian			  Brian Ritchie
ritchie ian			  Ian Ritchie
ritenour lee			  Lee Ritenour
rivers sam			  Sam Rivers
roach steve			  Steve Roach
roads curtis			  Curtis Roads
rob base and dj eazy rock	  Rob Base and DJ Eazy Rock
robinson paul			  Paul Robinson
robotiko rejekto		  Robotiko Rejekto
roche maggie			  Maggie Roche
roche suzzie			  Suzzie Roche
roche terre			  Terre Roche
roches				  Roches
rocky hill			  Rocky Hill
rocky jones			  Rocky Jones
rodgers nile			  Nile Rodgers
roger manning			  Roger Manning
rojas carmine			  Carmine Rojas
roma emilio			  Emilio Roma
ronstadt linda			  Linda Ronstadt
rosario ralphi			  Ralphi Rosario
rosenman leonard		  Leonard Rosenman
rotella band thom		  Thom Rotella Band
roth jon uli			  Uli Jon Roth
rowan peter			  Peter Rowan
royal crescent mob		  Royal Crescent Mob
royal marines and the black	  Royal Marines and the Black Watch
royalty				  Royalty
rubaja and hernandez		  Rubaja and Hernandez
rubaja bernardo			  Bernardo Rubaja
ruben y alfonso ramos		  Ruben Y Alfonso Ramos & Texas Revolution
rubicon				  Rubicon
rudd nick			  Nick Rudd
rudder david			  David Rudder
rudder david charlie's roots	  David Rudder & Charlie's Roots
rudder david menezes margareth	  David Rudder & Margareth Menezes
rumbel nancy			  Nancy Rumbel
run dmc				  Run DMC
rundgren todd			  Todd Rundgren
rush				  Rush
russel/alford			  Russel/Alford
russos demis			  Demis Russos
rutherford mike			  Mike Rutherford
rutles				  The Rutles
s-express			  S-Express
sade				  Sade
sadler gaynor			  Gaynor Sadler
safe				  Safe
saisse philippe			  Philippe Saisse
sakamoto ryuichi		  Ryuichi Sakamoto
sakamoto ryuichi yano aiko	  Ryuichi Sakamoto and Aiko Yano
sara k.				  Sara K.
sartre jean paul		  Jean Paul Sartre
satriani joe			  Joe Satriani
saunders jesse			  Jesse Saunders
saunderson kevin		  Kevin Saunderson
scherer peter			  Peter Scherer
schilling peter			  Peter Schilling
schmoelling johannes		  Johannes Schmoelling
schneider fred			  Fred Schneider
schnitzler conrad		  Conrad Schnitzler
schoener summers sting		  Schoener Summers Sting
schonherz & scott		  Schonherz & Scott
schonwalder mario		  Mario Schonwalder
schroeder robert		  Robert Schroeder
schultze kristian		  Kristian Schultze
schulze klaus			  Klaus Schulze
schulze klaus grosser and	  K Schulze & A Grosser
schutz diter			  Diter Schutz
scialfa patti			  Patti Scialfa
scott tom			  Tom Scott
secret affair			  Secret Affair
seger bob			  Bob Seger
seiler peter			  Peter Seiler
selolwane john			  John Selolwane
serrie john			  John Serrie
sex pistols			  Sex Pistols
seydewitz john			  John Seydewitz
shadowfax			  Shadowfax
shakespear's sister		  Shakespear's Sister
shakti				  Shakti
shango				  Shango
shankar and the epidemics	  Shankar and the Epidemics
shankar glass			  Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass
shankar project ravi		  Ravi Shankar Project
shankar ravi			  Ravi Shankar
sheen colin			  Colin Sheen
sheen martin			  Martin Sheen
sheik fawaz			  Sheik Fawaz
shelleyan orphan		  Shelleyan Orphan
shines johnny			  Johnny Shines
shockabilly			  Shockabilly
shreeve mark			  Mark Shreeve
shriekback			  Shriekback
shrieve beal			  Shrieve & Beal
shrieve michael			  Michael Shrieve
shrieve roach			  Shrieve & Roach
siberry jane			  Jane Siberry
sickmob				  Sickmob
sidran ben			  Ben Sidran
signal aout 42			  Signal Aout 42
sigue sigue sputnik		  Sigue Sigue Sputnik
silly sisters			  Silly Sisters
silvestri alan			  Alan Silvestri
simms frank			  Frank Simms
simon f				  Simon F
simon garfunkel			  Simon & Garfunkel
simon paul			  Paul Simon
simple minds			  Simple Minds
singleton stephen		  Stephen Singleton
siouxsie and the banshees	  Siouxsie and the Banshees
sisterhood			  The Sisterhood
sisters of mercy		  Sisters of Mercy
skafish				  Skafish
skids				  Skids
skinny puppy			  Skinny Puppy
sky				  Sky
slepian don			  Don Slepian
sloane marcia			  Marcia Sloane
smaak bert			  Bert Smaak
smith paul			  Paul Smith
smith steve & vital information	  Steve Smith & Vital Information
smith tony			  Tony Smith
smiths the			  The Smiths
smooth				  Smooth
snow don			  Don Snow
snow phoebe			  Phoebe Snow
soft machine			  Soft Machine
softboys			  Softboys
software			  Software
sonic youth			  Sonic Youth
soul ii soul			  Soul II Soul
soup dragons the		  The Soup Dragons
souther richard			  Richard Souther
spacemen 3			  Spacemen 3
spedding chris			  Chris Spedding
speed the plough		  Speed the Plough
spencer brewer & nancy rumbel	  Spencer Brewer & Nancy Rumbel
spinozza david			  David Spinozza
spirit				  Spirit
springsteen bruce		  Bruce Springsteen
squidbelly phlegmfoot		  Squidbelly Phlegmfoot
squire billy			  Billy Squire
squire chris			  Chris Squire
stadler heiner			  Heiner Stadler
stalling carl			  Carl Stalling
starr ringo			  Ringo Starr
stearns michael			  Michael Stearns
steel pulse			  Steel Pulse
steele jevetta			  Jevetta Steele
steeleye span			  Steeleye Span
stein walder			  Ira Stein and Russel Walder
steinski and mass media		  Steinski and Mass Media
stenr leni			  Leni Stern
sterling void			  Sterling Void
stetasonic			  Stetasonic
steve silk hurley with risse	  Steve Silk Hurley with Risse
steward winston			  Winston Steward
stewart rod			  Rod Stewart
sting				  Sting
stockley miriam			  Miriam Stockley
stone roses			  The Stone Roses
stony steps the			  The Stony Steps
story liz			  Liz Story
story tim			  Tim Story
stout alastair			  Alastair Stout
strange richard & the engine	  Richard Strange & The Engine Room
strauss richard			  Richard Strauss
strawbs				  Strawbs
strickland keith		  Keith Strickland
strunz & farah			  Strunz & Farah
style council			  Style Council
subject				  Subject
sugarcubes			  The Sugarcubes
sugardog			  Sugardog
sukay				  Sukay
sumac yma			  Yma Sumac
summer donna			  Donna Summer
summers andy			  Andy Summers
sun ra				  Sun Ra
swanson ric			  Ric Swanson
sweet d				  Sweet D
sweet tee			  Sweet Tee
swing out sister		  Swing Out Sister
swirling eddies			  Swirling Eddies
sybil				  Sybil
sylvian david			  David Sylvian
synergy				  Synergy
szagner bernard			  Bernard Szagner
t coy				  T Coy
t rex				  T Rex
t'pau				  T'Pau
tailor billy			  Billy Tailor
talbot james			  James Talbot
talk talk			  Talk Talk
talking heads			  Talking Heads
tams the			  The Tams
tangerine dream			  Tangerine Dream
tangerine dream anderson jon	  Tangerine Dream & Jon Anderson
taylor alistair			  Alistair Taylor
taylor cecil			  Cecil Taylor
taylor john			  John Taylor
taylor linda			  Linda Taylor
tchaikovsky bram		  Bram Tchaikovsky
tears for fears			  Tears for Fears
ten city			  Ten City
tesh john			  John Tesh
test department			  Test Department
tgt				  TGT
the the				  The THE
they might be giants		  They Might Be Giants
this mortal coil		  This Mortal Coil
thomas chris			  Chris Thomas
thomas david			  David Thomas
thompson danny			  Danny Thompson
thompson richard		  Richard Thompson
thorne mike			  Mike Thorne
thorton phil			  Phil Thorton
those who have gone before	  Those Who Have Gone Before
thrall pat			  Pat Thrall
three				  3
throbbing gristle		  Throbbing Gristle
throwing muses			  Throwing Muses
thurow matthias			  Matthias Thurow
tibbetts steve			  Steve Tibbetts
tibbitts richard		  Richard Tibbitts
tiffany				  Tiffany
timbuk3				  Timbuk3
timelords			  The Timelords
timmermans tim wise skipper	  Tim Timmermans & Skipper Wise
tingstad rumbel			  Eric Tingstad, Nancy Rumbel
tinklers			  Tinklers
to hell with burgundy		  To Hell With Burgundy
todd terry			  Todd Terry
tom tom club			  The Tom Tom Club
tomita				  Tomita
tone loc			  Tone Loc
tonio k				  Tonio K
too cool posse			  Too Cool Posse
tookes darryl			  Darryl Tookes
torres liz			  Liz Torres
toto				  Toto
touch				  Touch
townshend pete			  Pete Townshend
toyah				  Toyah
trak this			  Trak This
trapezoid			  Trapezoid
trashmen			  Trashmen
tri atma			  Tri Atma
tri atma & klais netzle		  Tri Atma & Klais Netzle
trickbeat			  Trickbeat
triumvirat			  Triumvirat
tropea john			  John Tropea
tuck and patti			  Tuck and Patti
tunnell jimi			  Jimi Tunnell
turner ted			  Ted Turner
turner tina			  Tina Turner
turre steve			  Steve Turre
tuxedomoon			  Tuxedomoon
two nice girls			  Two Nice Girls
two puertoricans, a black	  Two Puertoricans, A Black Man and a
				  Dominican
tyler bonnie			  Bonnie Tyler
tyranny gene			  "Blue" Gene Tyranny
tyree cooper			  Tyree Cooper
u2				  U2
ub40				  UB40
ub40 & chrissy hynde		  UB40 & Chrissy Hynde
ubu pere			  Pere Ubu
ultra vivid scene		  Ultra Vivid Scene
ultravox			  Ultravox
underworld			  Underworld
unity				  Unity
unknown cases			  The Unknown Cases
ure midge			  Midge Ure
van morrison			  Van Morrison
van morrison & the chieftans	  Van Morrison & The Chieftans
van tieghem david		  David Van Tieghem
van tyn jeroen			  Jeroen Van Tyn
van zandt steven simple minds	  Steven Van Zandt & Simple Minds
van zandt townes		  Townes Van Zandt
van't hof jasper		  Jasper Van't Hof
vangelis & jon anderson		  Vangelis & Jon Anderson
vangelis papathanassiou		  Vangelis Papathanassiou
vasconcelos nana		  Nana Vasconcelos
vasconcelos nana bushdancers	  Nana Vasconcelos & The Bushdancers
vega suzanne			  Suzanne Vega
ventures			  The Ventures
vettese peter-john		  Peter-John Vettese
vigard kristen			  Kristen Vigard
violent femmes			  Violent Femmes
virginia			  Virginia
virgo				  Virgo
visage				  Visage
vivaldi				  Vivaldi
vollenweider andreas		  Andreas Vollenweider
von westernhagen thilo		  Thilo Von Westernhagen
voodooquist			  Voodooquist
waite john			  John Waite
waitresses			  Waitresses
waits tom			  Tom Waits
wakeling dave			  Dave Wakeling
wakeman rick			  Rick Wakeman
wall of voodoo			  Wall of Voodoo
walton				  Walton
wang chung			  Wang Chung
warnes jennifer			  Jennifer Warnes
warren zevon			  Warren Zevon
was (not was)			  Was (Not Was)
wasserman rob aaron nevell	  Rob Wasserman & Aaron Nevell
waters roger			  Roger Waters
watt david			  David Watt
wavestar			  Wavestar
waxman				  Waxman
wayne jeff			  Jeff Wayne
wear kim			  Kim Wear
weather report			  Weather Report
webb nick			  Nick Webb
webb tessa			  Tessa Webb
wedding present			  Wedding Present
weide ian			  Ian Weide
wertheimer benjy		  Benjy Wertheimer
west leslie			  Leslie West
wetton john			  John Wetton
wharton gib			  Gib Wharton
white alan			  Alan White
white andrew			  Andrew White
white karyn			  Karyn White
white mark			  Mark White
white-king brenda		  Brenda White-King
whitesnake			  Whitesnake
whitten chris			  Chris Whitten
who				  Who
whole story the			  The Whole Story
wild swans the			  The Wild Swans
will downing			  Will Downing
williams david			  David Williams
williams joe			  Joe Williams
williams john			  John Williams
williams lucinda		  Lucinda Williams
williams mason			  Mason Williams
williams mason mannheim steam...  Mason Williams & Mannheim Steamroller
willie wonka			  Willie Wonka
wilson brian			  Brian Wilson
wilson cindy			  Cindy Wilson
wilson danny			  Danny Wilson
wilson diane			  Diane Wilson
wilson nancy			  Nancy Wilson
wilson ricky			  Ricky Wilson
win				  Win
winger				  Winger
winston george			  George Winston
winter paul			  Paul Winter
winwood steve			  Steve Winwood
wishbone ash			  Wishbone Ash
wiz the				  The Wiz
wolfgang press			  Wolfgang Press
wolk tom			  Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk
won park sang			  Sang Won Park
wonder stevie			  Stevie Wonder
wood jim			  Jim Wood
working week			  Working Week
world party			  World Party
world's famous supreme team	  World's Famous Supreme Team
worrell bernie			  Bernie Worrell
wright janet			  Janet Wright
wyatt robert			  Robert Wyatt
wygals				  The Wygals
wylie pete			  Pete Wylie
x				  X
xmal deutschland		  Xmal Deutschland
xperiment			  Xperiment
xtc				  XTC
yankovic wierd al		  "Wierd Al" Yankovic
yanni				  Yanni
yazoo				  Yazoo
yello				  Yello
yellow magic orchestra		  Yellow Magic Orchestra
yes				  Yes
young christopher		  Christopher Young
young gods			  Young Gods
young mc			  Young MC
young neil			  Neil Young
yuma atsuko			  Atsuko Yuma
z factor			  Z Factor
z'ev				  Z'ev
zadeh mahmoud tabrizi		  Mahmoud Tabrizi Zadeh
zappa frank			  Frank Zappa
zavala jimmy			  Jimmy "Z" Zavala
zimmer hans			  Hans Zimmer
zitello vincenzo		  Vincenzo Zitello
zorn john			  John Zorn
zygoat				  Zygoat
zz top				  ZZ Top
Well! You hit the end of the list, I look forward to seeing your
response.
Eclectic Music is a production of

		     Datta Production and Development
			      905 97th Street
			     Kenosha, WI 53140

			  datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu

This survey was brought to you via computer resources courtesy of
University of Wisconsin-Parkside and Datta Production and Development.

All of the opinions in this survey belong to the respective authors and
do not necessarily agree with those of Datta Production and Development.
Datta Production and Development is not affiliated with University Of
Wisconsin - Parkside or the University of Wisconsin System.
--
-Dave 	datta@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu [....uwm!uwpvacs!datta]