Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sinead O'Connor won't appear at Grammys

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 17:44:22 PST
Subject: Re: Sinead O'Connor won't appear at Grammys
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <43687@ut-emx.uucp> you write:

>In article <9102022021.AA17241@das.llnl.gov> ed@das.llnl.GOV (Edward
>Suranyi) writes:
>>The Question:  What does this do to Kate's chances?
>
>Unfortunately, probably not much.  And, much as I would *love* to see
>Kate get a Grammy, I'm not sure that getting one in a category created
>just because the Grammy people were weenies and didn't want to put
>Sinead O'Connor in the existing categories would be the best thing.

Actually, Sinead was nominated in four categories (I think), several
of them major.  To tell the truth, I hope she wins one of the major
categories she's nominated for, so that there'll be more incentive
for people to vote for someone else for the "Alternative Music" winner.

I wonder if that makes any sense at all.

>Ed, this is not a flame at you, just at the (to me) obnoxious
>situation in general.  Grumble grumble grumble.

No offense taken at all.  You make some excellent points.

--
Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."