Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lionheart CD & bad distortion

From: gt4586c@prism.gatech.edu (WILLETT,THOMAS CARTER)
Date: 18 Jan 91 00:53:27 GMT
Subject: Lionheart CD & bad distortion
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I recently had my Apogee Caliper speakers upgraded to the Signature series
(which basically means thay they are even more awesome now) and after
being starved of music for the two months it took, I was listening to
"Lionheart" when I noticed some really nasty distortion coming out of my
speakers on some of the tracks.  "In Search of Peter Pan" had some
particularly noticeable problems during crescendos.  No, it wasn't my
speakers because it came through on headphones if you really listened hard.
Its also not any part of the rest of the system because I borrowed a
friend's copy of Lionheart and it was absolutely clean.  I thought maybe I
had a randomly bad CD so I bought a new one, and the distortion was
present on it as well.

Has anybody else noticed this about the Lionheart CD and is there any
explanation such as EMI screwed up the first mixing to digital and sold a
few dozen thousand crapped up CDs before discovering their mistake, remixing
and releasing a cleaned up version without telling anyone about it?  I'm
desperate to know what the deal is.

- tom willett
  gt4586c@prism.gatech.edu

--
thomas willett
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta