Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Joy Div. Lead Singer

From: keving%gaffa.wpd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Kevin Gurney)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 91 00:20:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Joy Div. Lead Singer
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news%odin.corp.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Net News)

In <1991Jan14.182112.7602@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> Love-Hounds-request@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:

>Really-From: cpaulse@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Chris D. Paulse)

>I had a curious dream last night where I found myself pondering the
>circumstances of Ian ?'s (can't remember his last name) death, upon which
>a character in the dream reminded me that he committed suicide.  Are
>there any music-heads out there that could elaborate on possible
>reasons why he might of taken such action?  Just curious.

Among the reasons I've heard for Ian Curtis's (?) hanging himself are:

	1. He was depressed about his marriage falling apart ("Love Will Tear
			Us Apart, Again.")

	2. He was depressed about the direction his band was taking.

	3. He was just plain depressed.

Take your pick. The only person who knows for sure is dead.
--
----
Let's hear it for crypto-phoneticism!