Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate video on Night Flight

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 91 14:11:21 PST
Subject: Kate video on Night Flight

That show Night Flight is now back on the air in syndication.  (In
San Francisco it's on Channel 4 from 2:30 am to 4:30 am Friday nights
[actually Saturday mornings].  Thank God for VCRs!)

Night Flight used to feature interesting music, including Kate,
so I've been hopeful.  Last week they had a Laurie Anderson set.
Unlike the old Night Flight, this new version has more bizarre
movies and comedy, and not so much music.  Also, they rarely show
videos in their entirety now, but group them in video essays
of their own devising.

Anyway,  on last night's show they had an essay they called "Video
Monsters", and in it they included several minutes of "Experiment
IV".  They didn't label the artists or the songs during the essay;
it was only at the end of that episode of Night Flight that they listed
all the videos they showed (grouped by record label, oddly enough).
The song was listed as "Experiment #4".

Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."
(415) 447-3405         |                 -- Sinead O'Connor