Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More Help needed on Kate bios!!!

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 91 14:03:39 PST
Subject: Re: More Help needed on Kate bios!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991Jan12.183904.9243@cs.dal.ca> you write:
>Really-From: graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)

>Does anyone know anything about "Kate Bush The Whole Story" by C. Juby, 1988?
>It sounds good - 192 pgs, color pics and hardcover. Is it any good?

Unless it's a revised edition, which I doubt, the problem with this book
is that it is loaded with errors.  Andy Marvick wrote a review of this
book for Homeground in which he found an average of one error per page!
Later, Homeground reported that the book was involved in all sorts of
complicated legal proceedings involving the author, the publisher, and
I think a magazine.  Some British magazine wrote an awful review of the
book, and that combined with the negative reaction in Homeground caused
the publishers to sue the author, or something like that.

Homeground describes the history of this book, and the interesting thing
is that originally, the Visual Documentary people and Juby were
collaborating to make one book.  They had a falling-out, with the result
that the two separate books were published at almost the same time.
Despite what is implied in the jacket, Juby's book did NOT have
authorization from the Bush family.

--
Ed Suranyi             | "I couldn't hope to do it anywhere near as well
ed@das.llnl.gov        |  as Kate Bush because she is a Goddess."