Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Pogues (who have nothing to do with KaTe)

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 00:38:40 -0500
Subject: The Pogues (who have nothing to do with KaTe)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: adobe!!dkletter@decwrl.dec.com (SUGAR in their vitamins?)

>>Really-From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
>
>>Does anybody know why The Pogues are apparently just calling themselves
>>"Pogues" now?
>
>i read in an interview once that Pogue Mahone means KISS MY ARSE, so they
>had to change it.

Actually, I was just curious about the shift from "the pogues" to "pogues".

I had known about "Pogue Mahone" being the original band name...they still
use a "P" overlaying an "M" as their 'logo', and it's all over their
album covers/liner notes, etc. (f'rinstance, on the cover of "Peace and
Love," the boxer's shorts of the "PM" on 'em)

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |