Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate nominated for a Grammy!

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 23:40:18 GMT
Subject: Kate nominated for a Grammy!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

I just read in clari.news.music that Kate Bush has been nominated for a
Grammy award in the new category "Alternative music" for TSW!
Is this the first time she has been nominated for an award in the US?

Others nominated are Sinead for "IDNWWIHNG", World Party for "Goodbye Jumbo",
Laurie Anderson for "Strange Angels" and The Replacements.

Good Luck to her!

Angelos
| e-mail to:                    |I LIKE MUSIC BY 10,000 Maniacs, Cure, U2,  |
| kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu       |Lene Lovich, Kate  Bush, Laurie Anderson,  |
|===============================|David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Tribe, O+,|
| "Been there done that,        |Think tree, Sonic Youth, Brian Eno, Queen, |
|  don't wanna go back...."     |Sinead O Connor, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed,  |
|              - Eno/Cale       |Eurythmics, Prince, Indigo  Girls, Pixies  |