Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Famous Kate fans

From: manderso@spain.mpr.ca (Mark Anderson)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 90 18:47:34 GMT
Subject: Re: Famous Kate fans
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@mprgate.mpr.ca

In article <9012061901.AA17512@clutx.clarkson.edu> Kirstin Ann Hargie
<hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu> writes:
>I would have an addition but I can't recall her name - a canadian
>singer, who on an interview on t.v.  said she was influenced by
>Kate...wasn't too impressed with this person who was an artsy fartsy
>trying to imitate the goddess, any canadians know who I'm talking
>about??

Perhaps Sarah McLachlan, whom I know has said she was influenced by
Kate Bush.

P.S. There are two S. MacLachlans and two S. McLachlans in the phone
book, and I'm not about to phone them up to see which is the right
spelling.  Guess I'll just have to wait for Ed to flame me if I chose
the wrong one. :-)
--
Mark Anderson
manderso@mprgate.mpr.ca