Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ...Scchhllup!..Back from the Cosmic Void.

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 90 21:07:13 -0500
Subject: Re: ...Scchhllup!..Back from the Cosmic Void.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: The Holy Lunching Friars of Voondoon <CARROLLJ%ALCBAN@KRDC.INT.Alcan.CA>

>        Damn communications went down for a week (someone mentioned
>something about the satellite crashing into the sun - perhaps it was eaten
>by the goat ? :-> ), which meant no Love-Hounds Digest :-((
>I was trying to keep every issue on hard-copy since early October - and
>now I've got a gap a week big. Can I get the digests from archives (anon FTP)
>or whatever ???

Sounds like it's time for my periodic reminder about the Love-Hounds
archives.  We've got 'em all kids, they go back to... erm... August
15, 1985.  To get them, ftp to gaffa (18.85.0.15 if your nameserver is
stupid), log in as anonymous and cd to /lh/archives.  Have a party.
Oh, the current archive is /lh/lh-archive.  Due to the fact that |>oug
is terribly busy, it is about 5 megs long and goes back about a year.
I've begged and pleaded with him to divvy it up into numbered packets
in the archives subdirectory, but he's just too darn busy (so he says).

>Still got no CD player - the guy decided he didnt want to sell..BUT! some
>nice people decided to put them on tape for me :-))

A new Sony player with 'peak search' is only $129, sez |>oug.

--
+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |