Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Honky Avenger vs. Kate Bush: a thread in rec.music.misc

From: nrc@cbnews.att.com
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 90 16:48 EST
Subject: Re: Honky Avenger vs. Kate Bush: a thread in rec.music.misc

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU:
> Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>

> I missed the first article of this thread, but I found it rather
> amusing.  Hope you do too.

Here's the first post in that thread for those who missed it....

| From: CWALTERS@DUCVAX.AUBURN.EDU (The Honky Avenger)
| Newsgroups: rec.music.misc
| Subject: The Death of Jon Drukman
| Date: 28 Nov 90 13:42:00 GMT
| Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU
|
| Let it all be known that I, just this morning, have strolled over to
| gaffa.mit.edu, and personally killed Jon Drukman. The words of My Savior
| Murphy have inspired me, and I have begun a jihad against all things
| Drukmanish.
|
| Shame on you, Jon, for not being born an angry black man!
|
| I freely confess that I, The Honky Avenger, had once enjoyed "Graceland" on
| its musical merits. I did NOT realize that I was furthering the cause of
| Apartheid when I purchased it, nor did I realize that I was ignoring
| America's history of racism every time I put on "You Can Call Me Al." I
| beg your forgiveness.
|
| I have traded in "Graceland" to some bigoted, pale-faced, slave-owner
| descendant and purchased "Nelson Mandela Hums His Favorite Polkas" and
| "Martin Luter King, Jr. - Balls To The Wall" (including the hit single
| "Digital Bitch") and I feel much better.
|
| I need your help, Lord Murphy, because I still like Jon Anderson better than
| Little Richard or B.B. King, and I would still like Kate Bush to give me
| a hickey. I know that both Anderson and Bush have gotten where they are, not
| on raw talent, but by exploiting black people and ignoring America's history
| (I know neither of them are American, but so what? Bigots are bigots. They
| should have been black.)
|
| Plus, God help me, I still think Jesse Jackson should go back to being a
| waiter somewhere. Siberia, maybe.
|
| By the way, Drukman managed to clone himself before I got there, the bum.
| He'll be back....
|
| I hate my parents for not being black.
|
| The Honky Avenger
| cwalters@ducvax.auburn.edu

For the humor impaired, please note that this is a joke.  It loses a
bit if you haven't seen Mr. Murphy's remarks on rec.music.misc but
this is pretty good satire.

"Satire?  This is zany madcap humor!"

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com